31 | Within Lotus Heartbeats

-|| Within Lotus Heartbeats || -

"Where each heartbeat resonates like the sacred rhythm of lotus petals unfolding"

◊◊◊

It was a warm spring morning in Indraprastha yet the entire city was sunken in the departure of their beloved king and queen. People had assembled out of their homes , stood close to the entrance of their shops just to witness Suthanu and Bhanu as and when they depart. 

Suthanu had taken farewell from all her parents before falling to Draupadi's embrace , crying her heart out. It was lethal than she had anticipated, the sheer agony of leaving behind her parents thrust through her soul.

" I " , Draupadi couldn't form words as she held Suthanu closer to her bosom. This was brutal as she stood in a mother's place this time , Draupadi's eyes searched her own mother's. Prashati stood a little far away beside Kunti equally teary-eyed.

Draupadi soon composed herself , caressing Suthanu's hairs affectionately as she drew back

Draupadi soon composed herself , caressing Suthanu's hairs affectionately as she drew back. Draupadi cupped Suthanu's cheek with a teary smile , " PandavaNandini, you will get abundant love from your home back at Dwarka but do remember the doors of this home shall always be open to you and so our hearts. You are going to lead your life Sutaa but you are our pranaa and you shall never be away from our lives ! ".

" Maa " , Suthanu whispered as she placed her palm on Draupadi's palm that was on her cheek , " If I am your pranaa Maa then anytime you wish to see me , you will send me a word without second thoughts".

" My little baby girl " , Draupadi tried to laugh , " If I want to see you , I would make no delay to make a visit to Dwarka ! ".

" Promise? " , Suthanu voiced like a child as Draupadi looked at Suthanu patting her cheeks.

" You remember Thanu , there was a time when I felt fortunate to have a daughter like you and you said you did nothing at that point for me to say that " , Draupadi changed the course of their conversation knowing that she could not make such a promise , " It stands true Bangaram and even after years later from now , I would say the same ".