28 | Vivaha Utsavam

-|| Vivaha Utsavam ||-

"I have searched the depths of my soul and found it intertwined with yours, bound by the sacred vow of forever, where every moment is a basis to the infinity of our love ".

◊◊◊

" Maharaja "

Suthanu stopped in front of the curtain that was hung between herself and Bhanu. Neerja had rushed into her chambers with a message that Bhanu had summoned her immediately. He had come from the outskirts just to meet her. 

" I make no delay , Maharani " , Bhanu turned to face Suthanu who had stood sideways even as he noticed on the other side of the curtain. After the pasupu kumkuma ceremony, the bride and bride groom weren't allowed to see each other.

Sighing Bhanu continued resolutely , " This is not the time to tell you this truth , Maharani. But I can't conceal matters related to the kingdom for my personal benefits ".

" Maharaja " , Suthanu smiled - pressing her bright red veil close to her face , " Having our vivaham the next dawn if you have summoned me now , is it about Kalinga's hand behind their attempted humiliation directed towards me ? ".

" Maharani " , Bhanu gasped - stunned for a moment.

" Maharaja , your trusted allies didn't tell me " , Suthanu had a gentle smile , " As a queen , it's my duty to have my network of spies as well to have a hand in administration of the state ".

Bhanu broke into a smile , " Forgive me Maharani that I overlooked your vision into this matter . It was my oath to reach the roots of this cause and you had never spoken about this after that day. I mistook your silence on this matter for discarding this indirect rebel ".

" Maharaja, my silence was my faith that you would reach the roots and then decide the next course of action keeping up Dharma. But I also knew you wouldn't keep any truth away from me be it any situation and now , with our wedding at dawn - you are here telling me about the truth that I deserve to know " , Suthanu's smile was full , " My faith in you is because of the love we share and that shall always be there as long as we live ". 

" Till death do us apart , is it Maharani? " , Bhanu's voice trembled even as he smiled nostalgically - it was the promise that they had taken at the time of their Vag dhanam. Also , the confession of his dear heart telling him directly that she loves him at the eve of their wedding drew him wordless. 

" Adi , it is our beginning and you are talking about the end ? " , Suthanu shook her head , " Can you please smile that smile that melts my heart? ". 

Bhanu closed his eyes as he blushed ending up smiling the way - Suthanu had requested even as Suthanu smiled knowing he would be doing so without looking at him.