34 | Glow of Krishna's Plumes

-|| In the Glow of Krishna's Plumes ||-

"Krishna's love, a peacock feather adorning his children's soul"

◊◊◊

' Rajakumari Suthanu , Dwarkadeesh has sent a message for your presence in his palace in a prahara ' , Neerja's voice echoed in Suthanu's ears as she was walking through the palace gardens to go to Krishna's place. It would have been for the ritual of blessing her for the first dish that she had cooked earlier in the morning.

As the guard opened the doors for her in the common chambers , Krishna sat inside with scrolls all around him along Satyabhama and Mitravinda who were conversing perhaps internal financial records.

" Pranaam " , Suthanu greeted softly folding her palms as Krishna , Satyabhama and Mitravinda looked up at her with a smile.

" Come in Lily " , Krishna placed the scroll in his hand on the royal table.

" I hope I didn't disturb you all seems something important" , Suthanu voiced , " Shall I come some other time , Maa? ".

" No Vaidooryam " , Satyabhama spoke , " This is going to take us some time.  After the war , the trade in our ports is declining at a rate beyond our calculations. The war expenses for weaponry and basic needs of men has almost washed away a huge part of our treasury. The open medical quarter are quite full as well and that is taking quite a large part of the treasury as well. We are working it out Vaidooryam and Bhanu's absence affects us as well ".

" Natha's absence Maa? " , Suthanu questioned softly.

" Please take a seat , Lily " , Krishna gestured Suthanu as she compiled , " Bhanu who usually looked over a large part of the state's treasury has handed it over to Pradyumna after the Rajya Abhisheka. Pradyumna is well-versed to manage indeed but he has been more inclined towards the armory and less in the state accounts. There are loopholes that he is trying his best to analyze. Those reports are these scrolls in front of us ".

" But Pita , Natha would never let such entire pressure to fall upon Bhrata's shoulders to my understanding. Such a major change? " , Suthanu's brows curved.

" It was made to hand over , Bangaram ", Mitravinda spoke , " You know our governance , it is diversified and this diversity when it came as one force - it became stronger. But diversity now is causing disintegration within the royal officials Thanu. There was a group that questioned the intervention of a king of an other kingdom in the matters of critical importance ".

" But Maa , it is irrational. How can Natha possibly even think of causing harm to Anartta? " , Suthanu's eyes widened , " A son can never betray his motherland ".

" We know that truth , Thanu. Bhanu will never think of such a thing " , Mitravinda spoke , " The quick turn of events , his own mental state didn't let him make questions even though we tried persuading him to appeal ".