25 | In the Shadow's Wake

-|| In the Shadow's wake ||-

"The mirror of truth reflects the scars of concealed secrets, marking the birthplace of enmity."

◊◊◊

In the tender embrace of time, the ensuing days fluttered by as if winged with ethereal grace, casting an ephemeral spell upon the intertwined destinies of two families, especially the radiant couple, Suthanu and Bhanu. Bhanu took over the entire reins of Indraprastha freeing Suthanu from finance until the wedding. 

The wedding was fixed to take place in Indraprastha after a series of thoughts from the family of  Swargiya KuruSrest Pandu. Pandavas knew they had dreamt over doing every single wedding of their children in Indraprastha and Hastinapura was not the ideal place for their's daughter's wedding given the shadow of a terrible past loomed over it. Their daughter had the worst memory of her life in that very place and they themselves weren't prepared to do it in that place. 

Though Suthanu had tried to object seeing that it would be hard for her parents to step into Indraprastha given it was the place that they had memories associated with her late brothers. But Yudhisthira and Draupadi were very firm in stance and the couple realized they could do nothing much over it. Bhanu relieved Ajay back in Indraprastha leaving it to Pandavas for preparations of the wedding. 

The other major turn was when few common people commented about Uttara being in Hastinapura for the greater good of Suthanu. But before even Suthanu could speak , Bhanu stepped forward making his decision stern that this wedding would take place in her presence. He was yet to hold their princess Suthanu's hand but as a brother , Uttara's hand was given to him by Abhimanyu himself. Before his relation with Uttara forged from his wedding to Suthanu , she already was his sister and he didn't want to compromise anything in her life. 

It was a shock to Suthanu when she got to know that Abhimanyu had sought such a promise from Bhanu and the latter agreed to it too. Intially she had an inner battle whether it was right on Bhanu's part to give such a promise because it meant her brother was no longer in the world for that promise to take it's shape. Such an acceptance from her to-be husband first felt like a betrayal but yet when she sat down with a clear mind - she knew it was more of the situation and Bhanu had just played his part in it. She knew Abhimanyu too would have forced this upon Bhanu and again , it was the situation that was to be blamed and not her brother. 

Bhanu knew Suthanu would face this inner battle and hence , he had given her the space to collect her thoughts. But indeed it was a relief when she came back to him , understanding his position. It was an other time when they were thankful to each other. 

Sooner , the entire family of Pandavas had moved to Indraprastha and the family of Dwarka moved in shortly after as invitations began to flutter like fragrant petals, carrying with them the promise of unity, kinship, and love across the vast expanse of Aryavarta ; once Suthanu had approved of it as per customs. She could see the happiness in her parents face yet there was a tinge of mistness in their eyes.