17 | Before the Mahotsavam

- || Before the Mahotsavam ||-

" Every crucial moment comes with family ".

p.s the header - yupadi 

◊◊◊

"Maharaja"

Bhanu turned in surprise, his gaze meeting Suthanu's twinkling eyes. The unexpected address of 'Maharaja' caught him off guard, but it also ignited a sense of profound responsibility within his heart. She was the first to call upon him this title, and the weight of it resonated deeply within him. A gentle smile adorned his face as she gracefully stood by his side.

"Always Adi will do, Maharani," Bhanu replied, his smile tender and filled with affection. The palace of Indraprastha bustled with preparations for the forthcoming coronation ceremony, poised to mark their destinies as one.

"Yet, my love, I am won't turn a queen tomorrow," Suthanu spoke with a gentle smile playing on her lips. "Until we exchange our vows, I cannot formally assume the title of queen."

"You are the only queen in Bhanu's world, my love," he whispered, his voice carrying the warmth of his love as he placed his palm on her cheek. "Every corner of Indraprastha reveres you as their own daughter even before they look upon me. The love they hold for you, which I witnessed in their welcoming gaze, words fail to capture its depth. But what I do know is that you are deserving of all the adoration bestowed upon you."

Amidst the buzzing atmosphere, Suthanu keenly observed Bhanu's countenance, sensing an undercurrent of worry that he had yet to voice. With a touch of concern, she gently placed her hand upon his, which cradled her cheek. Bhanu was taken aback, his eyes reflecting the tenderness she saw within them. Though he had concealed his concerns, she understood intuitively.

"What worries you, Adi?" Suthanu's voice held both tenderness and curiosity. "Speak your heart to me."

Bhanu's grip tightened around her palm as he took into his other palm, his eyes filled with both concern and love. "Thanu, the Raj Dharma, the principles that govern our realm, can be rigid, even if its flexibility depends on the ruler. There are instances where it cannot be bent, even for the greater good. By entering this realm, I worry for your well-being. If ever I find myself caught between upholding Raj Dharma and safeguarding your welfare, Aaru..."

He sighed, his voice tinged with a hint of apprehension. Suthanu's gaze locked onto his, her expression conveying unwavering trust.

"Would you forsake me for Raj Dharma, Adi?" she asked, her words hanging in the air. Bhanu's eyes softened, his brows no longer creased with worry.

"Never, Rajkumari," Bhanu replied, his voice steady and resolute. "I would choose you over my Raj Dharma. Not because you hold a dearer place in my heart than anything else in this world, but because I honor the welfare of humanity above all. I believe the ultimate goal of Raj Dharma is the well-being of society. If ever a situation arises where I must choose between you and Raj Dharma, it would only be in a case where they attempt to tarnish your very identity."