33 | Heartstrings Attached

-|| Heartstrings Attached ||-

" Where love weaves melodies that echo across generations " . 

◊◊◊

" How convenient is it to be late yet garner everyone's love , DharmaAtmaja? ".

Suthanu's eyes turned towards the voice , quite startled. It turned the youngsters attention as the elders had already departed after the Pooja.

" Lakshmanaa? ".

" Does the rules of justice always function separately for you , Suthanu? " , Lakshmanaa voiced masking her hurt. She had resisted from speaking anywhere but restraint was always broken at a point and she didn't realize she had broken it today

" Manaa " , Suthanu was soft as she came towards Lakshmanaa trying to place her palm on the latter's shoulder as she raised her palm stopping Suthanu.

" What are you saying? " , Suthanu questioned softly, her eyes clouding with worry seeing the deep hurt within Lakshmanaa' eyes rather than being hurt herself.

" Don't act naive , Maharani Suthanu " , Lakshmanaa spoke bitterly yet her eyes were filling up with tears , " I stood against my father when he was wrong and when Kakashree Bhima had broken the war rules to kill my father - none spoke a word? Even you didn't, Maharani? ".

" Listen to me , Lakshmanaa " , Suthanu hurried towards Lakshmanaa who turned to leave.

" That's enough " , Lakshmanaa looked at Suthanu fiercely, " You never cared for me , for justice ! Maybe my father was right about one thing - your father does have a false notion of Dharma. The Dharmaraja didn't question his brother for breaking war rules? At the end of the day , he is the gambler my father spoke about ".

Lakshmanaa herself silenced as she realised she had broken her limits and told something that she didn't believe at heart. Yudhishthira was her fatherly figure too , it weighed down upon her own heart. But she didn't let it show on her face.

Suthanu stilled as her eyes filled up with tears , Rukmavati held Suthanu by her shoulders quite stunned herself.

" That's enough Lakshmanaa " , Samba's loud tone startled Lakshmanaa as he caught her hand before speaking to Suthanu , " I am sorry Bhabhi ". He led Lakshmanaa with him , quite furious about the turn of events.

Pradyumna shared a concerned look with Bhanu whose eyes were fixed over Suthanu.

Pradyumna moved towards Suthanu placing his palm on her head. His eyes reflecting the worry in his heart.

" Bhrata, was Lakshmanaa carrying so much bitterness in her heart? " , Suthanu found her voice, " How did this happen in the first place? Does she know that I can never approve of such a break of rules in the war? I couldn't bring myself to speak to Pitashri Bhima for months. Her agony pushed to accuse my Pita of his justice? Is this why you all never let us meet ? ".