4 | Remains of Hastinapura

-|| Remains of Hastinapura ||-

A shower of truth carries with it bounts of responsibilities.

◊◊◊

Suthanu stood in silence looking at the love of her life. The man who stood with an aarti plate to give her a farewell. A person who choose ' her ' above his own. She felt a prick when she saw his eyes got tough. Was he angry with her ? But , she did deserve it for making decisions for both of them.

" Maa , here it is " , Bhanu averted his gaze to Satyabhama as the latter smiled. A quick exchange of looks between Draupadi and Satyabhama making the former to step ahead.

As Draupadi circled the plate , Suthanu smiled lightly yet Bhanu could see the brown pools that shimmered in her orbs. Their eyes met briefly and he looked away soon realizing she was trying to read his eyes.

" Take care child " , Draupadi ran her hands through Suthanu's cheeks as the latter smiled.

" You too , Maa "

Suthanu stood for a moment hoping that he would say a word to her. She didn't mind even he blamed her but the silence was breaking her.

She turned to her parents once before stepping ahead as she halted in her steps soon getting a pull. Bhanu turned reflexively as his eyes went to her bead bracelet struck to his uttariya. He swallowed the lump in her throat as he saw the flooding emotions in her eyes. He gently removed the lock as he turned to face her back to him. He did know her eyes were still stuck to him. He closed his eyes , fisting his palms as he heard the fast footsteps. She had left.

What was he angry about , Bhanu pondered with closed eyes. She did make no move by herself to part from him , it was the need of time or circles of the cruel fate.

Suthanu hurried out , tears blurring her sight.

I am sorry , I am so sorry Adi. I took such a harsh decision for both of us. Even in your anger , every pore of you spelled out love. But myself...I am so helpless.

Suthanu sank to her knees feeling utterly lost , taking the name that she treasured more than the lord .

Rajkumar.

Thanu.

Bhanu's eyes opened instantly. He didn't need eyes to see it. That call from the heart , so pure and ardent. He rushed out leaving everyone behind for ' her '.

He aimlessly looked around the space searching for the one who was ' his '. His eyes spilled out mild tears. Where was she ?

He found her behind one of the tents , blank and distraught that agonized his soul.