21 | Societal Chessboard

-|| Societal Chessboard ||- 

"In the intricate game of societal chess, every move holds consequences".

◊◊◊

Hastinapura , after few months 

Nakula found himself ensnared in the ethereal strains of Draupadi's devotion, a symphony that echoed with the very essence of her soul's adoration for the Lord of Lords, the eternal Shiva Shankara. As the mellifluous notes caressed the air, Nakula, engaged in conversation, abruptly halted, drawn irresistibly towards the source of this divine melody. The soldier beside him observed Nakula's sudden stillness, casting a curious glance at the warrior whose gaze had shifted towards an unseen realm.

"Rajakumar," the soldier hesitated, a gentle inquiry hanging in the air.

"I'll get back to you," Nakula replied softly, his heart leading him toward the celestial strains. He moved with purpose, following an invisible thread that beckoned him. A smile, like a gentle bloom, adorned his countenance as he beheld Draupadi, her eyes closed in rapt devotion at the threshold of the sacred Pooja chambers.

Taking a moment to shed his footwear, Nakula settled beside her, joining his palms in harmony with her spiritual hymn. Her voice, a healing elixir, permeated the depths of his being, feeling like an ancient balm that he yearned deeply. 

"Swami?" Draupadi's surprise was palpable as she took in the sight of Nakula. 

"Your voice compelled me to come here, priye," Nakula confessed, accepting the offered aarti with grace. His hand moved, a tender caress, as he fed her the sanctified prasadam and partook in the sacrament himself.

"Can we walk?" Nakula extended his palm, and Draupadi, her heart stirred by the prospect of shared moments, placed her hand in his, a tentative smile gracing her lips. Hand in hand, they strolled, a simple act that spoke volumes, leaving Nakula overcome with emotion, a lump in his throat that defied words.

"Krishnaa, even now, your light illuminates our lives," Nakula declared, pausing to meet Draupadi's gaze. "I've never articulated this, but I am profoundly grateful and blessed to have you not only as my Ardhangini but as an unwavering source of strength."

"Swami, all of this, suddenly?" Draupadi inquired, gazing at Nakula with a mixture of surprise and affection.

"Not suddenly, Krishnaa. This truth is a constant in my life, a realization that accompanies me every moment, every day," Nakula confessed with a soft smile. "Allow me to express my deepest gratitude, Panchali. Thank you for being an indispensable part of my journey, for completing the canvas of my life rather being the canvas itself."

Moved by his sincerity, Draupadi reached out to wipe a solitary tear adorning the corner of Nakula's eye, a silent acknowledgment of shared emotions. She shook her head in gentle denial, her smile returning, a reflection of the love that bound them.