12 | Moments that Matter

- || Moments that Matter ||- 

Within fleeting moments, lives an eternity, where hearts collide and souls intertwine, moments that truly define.

◊◊◊

"Swami," Valandhara tenderly placed her hand upon Bhima's shoulders, only to feel him flinch as though abandoned by the entire world.

"Why don't you cast me aside as well?" Bhima's voice, laden with profound sadness, barely escaped his lips. "I am more than a demon, a merciless murderer."

"Bhima," Valandhara, standing behind him, embraced him gently, seeking solace amidst the expanse of the darkened sky. "You know that is not the truth."

"What is the truth?" Bhima turned to face her, his misty eyes revealing the hidden tears he had shed within. Valandhara's heart ached at the sight.

"You were bound by duty, entrusted with upholding morality, and destined to be the protector of justice," Valandhara spoke with unwavering conviction, but her words struggled to penetrate the fortified walls guarding Bhima's tormented soul.

"Protector?" Bhima chuckled bitterly. "If I was truly right, why does suffering prevail? Why must such torment befall our parental figures, Mata Gandhari and Tathshree Dhritirashtra? Why is my Krishnaa in such deep sorrow ? Why is my Hidimbaa suffer the phase of loneliness ? Why do you bear the burden of anguish, unable to face your own sister? Why do people cast their eyes upon me as if I am a monster? And why does the child - our Bangaram whom I hold dear, who once loved me unconditionally, now turn away from me?"

"Swami, please listen," Valandhara pleaded, her voice quivering with unspoken pain.

"I am sorry, Priye, but I am undeserving of your love. I have brought nothing but pain into your life—firstly, by failing to comprehend the depths of your heart in the past; secondly, by leaving you alone for thirteen arduous years; and thirdly, by failing to protect our children. Now, due to my actions, you face the consequences not only within our family but also beyond. The strength that was meant to support you in every step of the way has become the source of your torment. I cannot mend my shattered heart, even with your tender care and love," Bhima's hands joined together in a gesture of deep remorse. "Forgive me, Devi, I am truly sorry."

Without warning, he turned abruptly and hastened away, leaving Valandhara gazing after his retreating figure, her eyes brimming with tears.

She, his wife, had endeavored to console his anguished heart on this day. However, it was time for her to revert to the relationship they had forged long before their sacred union— friendship. Perhaps her lord, in this moment of darkness, required a confidant more than ever before.

His heart, intertwined with knots of relentless torment, demanded swift intervention. Valandhara knew that Bhima's strength was not limited to the battlefield; it was an indomitable force that resided within his very being. Transforming a deeply ingrained perspective, etched into the core of his being, would prove to be an arduous task.