1 | A Night of Ghosts

|| - A night of Ghosts - ||  

When the stars rained down like tears and the earth split up with fire. 

◊◊◊

The winds howled, rising ashes dancing throughout the place. Barren and lifeless , the exact synonyms of the situation.

Suthanu's eyes went to a man who screeched in pain. Her legs quickly took upto move towards him as she put the leaves on his injury that she had collected before her departure which had been tucked in her waistband. The man breathed as he pressed his injury before sitting up.

" You need rest " , Suthanu's voice was soft that the soldier's eyes blurred with tears. None of them could save their loving princes and kings !

" Rajkumari , my life is your debt. Every part of it , I owe to Samrat and Samragini " , he managed to speak. Suthanu breathed deeply , she had to become rigid. Her parents...with that her heart plunged in grief.

" This is deeds of that deceitful Ashwatthama Rajkumari which he got by praying to Lord Rudra " , the soldier furiously uttered as Suthanu's eyes widened.

" Senika , tell me exactly on the events " , Suthanu ordered. With every word , her eyes turned red with blood rising in her veins. She rose from her place as the soldier too got up waiting for instructions. Suthanu turned back to him as she tried controlling her emotions, she can't give such a news to her fathers by her own self - she didn't have the strength to face their grief at the moment.

" Leave to Oghavati and give this news to everyone there. Please do this for me Bhadra " , Suthanu requested turning back to look at him. " Don't make me feel ashamed Rajkumari. You can always order me " , he bowed before leaving to his destination.

' Devon ke dev Mahadeva ' , Suthanu chuckled hard turning bitter , ' You have successfully destroyed the family. I have never questioned you once in my life time Shiva Shambu not even post Dyuta Sabha. Everything you gave I thought it to be your blessing and accepted it. What did you gain Lord Rudra by snatching my brothers , uncles and innocent people's life ? Who better than you would know the pain of losing a son then why did you give that pain to my parents ? Who better than you would know what is to live without your life partner then why did you have to make millions of them as widows? MahaKaala , what is your justice this time that this mortal is unable to understand? '.

' Agni Dev , my brothers were your own anshas - you being their divine Pitamaha. Then how can you burn your own self ? Answer me , Swahapati. Leave me , what would you answer your daughter ? Fire signifies purity and you burnt that Dharma itself ? '

Suthanu poured her anger into words as the winds swirled trying to calm her down. The angst of her heart adding on to the anger , intensifying it manifolds. If at all she was in a stable mind , she would have seen the light that emitted from her own self.