- 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

— 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐
"𝚙𝚎𝚘𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚍𝚞𝚖𝚋"

y/n || 3:49 pm
sorry that it took so long
kats :(

y/n || 3:49 pm
i'm home now, are you
ready to talk?

y/n || 3:49 pm
do you still want to talk,
by the way? i know it's
really late

katsukii || 11:52 pm
yeah, sure

katsukii || 11:52 pm
call me.

the girl smiles to herself as she clicks on the facetime icon, meaning she's ready to talk. she clicks on the boy's name and his photo pops up immediately. soon, the connecting... pops up on her screen.

y/n smiles to herself when she sees her best friend's face, face a bit dark but bright enough to see his features.

on the other side, katsuki can't help it but smile as well, when he sees her beautiful face pop up on his screen. she looks stunning. she's still wearing her dark blue with dark red school uniform.

"hello," the female says, looking at katsuki's features. he looks tired. it's almost 12 am, so y/n isn't suprised that he might be tired. she's glad he still wants to talk.

"oi, dumb bitch."

y/n laughs at his greeting, biting her lip to stop herself from laughing even more, but because of that she starts to chuckle slightly. she places her hand in front of her mouth, but it doesn't help; she keeps on laughing.

katsuki rolls his eyes at her behaviour. "shut up, dumbass. it's not fucking funny. your laugh is annoying."

but he doesn't mean it. he loves her laugh. it makes him happy. his heart makes a little jump when he hears the sound of her laugh.

only, he will never tell her that.

"how was your day?" y/n then asks her best friend, placing her phone against some of her books on her desk. she looks in the camera and fixes her hair a little, then groaning because it doesn't do what she wants. she takes her hair out of her bun and smiles.

"better," she mumbles, before katsuki rolls his eyes. she looks better like this anyway.

"what does it matter how my day was? it was shit as always. people are dumb."

the (h/c)-haired girl laughs at his statement. "oh man, it must be hard to be the best of your class. i'm sure everyone looks up to you."

katsuki rolls his eyes at the female on his screen, and he shakes his head. "maybe deku, but he's fucking dumb and annoying. i hate him."

"you hate everyone, sunshine."

and there he is, rolling his eyes again. y/n always makes sure to call katsuki by that nickname. he hates it. but knowing y/n, it doesn't matter how many times he tells her that he hates it, because she doesn't care anyway. she'll call him sunshine wheter he likes it or not. he has no choice.

that made katsuki's blood boil. many, many times he had told her that he hated the nickname and got mad at her, even hanging up the phone or blocking her number. but yet, he still couldn't get himself to keep it that way and eventually unblocked the girl or called her back.

he's weak for her, and her only.

he hated that about himself. why couldn't he just hate her, too? why is she the only one that makes him feel this way? why does he want to call her, text her, and know what's going on in her life?

he doesn't care, but he does. and he has to know sometimes. he wants to make sure that she's safe. he just wants her to like him.

and that's why, even though he despises the nickname sunshine, he still lets her call him that. only because she got him wrapped around her little fingers.

and she doesn't even know.