- 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒

— 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒
"𝚜𝚑𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚞𝚌𝚔 𝚞𝚙, 𝚍𝚞𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚌𝚎."

a week went by. katsuki hasn't spoken a single word to y/n, making everyone in their class curious. how did the two go from hugging at their first day to not talking to each other in less than a day?

the metal-quirk female sighs to herself as she puts on her new uniform and her shoes, looking into the mirror. she adjusts the ponytail in her hair a little and checks herself in the mirror. she has to admit to herself that she looks pretty cute in these school colors, even though they're kinda boring.

to those thoughts, katsuki would say that she always looks cute. but then, only in his head.

y/n puckers at her lips a little and then grabs her bag and costume case, taking her phone and running downstairs.

"good morning, l/n!"

the female turns her head towards kaminari and smiles as she sees him sitting on the couch. "morning! you're up early, kaminari!"

kaminari smiles a little and leans a bit more into the couch. "yeah, well... i couldn't sleep anymore so i figured why not get up already and play some games on my phone," he says with a smile.

meanwhile, katsuki walks downstairs as well. he has a grumpy look on his face while he walks into the common area as he sees the familiar girl talking to his friend.

kaminari looks up and smiles. "oi, bakugo! did you rest well?"

"shut the fuck up, dunce face."

he rolls his eyes and walks towards the kitchen, taking an apple from the fruit basket and eating it angrily.

"sunshine has arrived," y/n mumbles to herself, not even knowing she used the nickname that she always uses on her old best friend. katsuki noticed, though, and almost chokes on his apple.

he coughs loudly, then continueing with eating his apple. dang it, why does she do this to me? i shouldn't care less about what she calls me.

at the other side of the room, y/n tries not to look at katsuki. she hears him cough and choke on his apple or something, but she doesn't care anymore. right? nah, she doesn't care. it's just katsuki. bakugo. it's just bakugo. right.

the female looks up once again when she hears another male grumpily enter the common area. "oi! everyone of the extra classes has arrived. well ladies, have a nice day!" kaminari laughs, jumping up from the couch and running past the three students.

"see you later!"

"you're going to die once i get back, dumb pikachu," katsuki mumbles, then walking out of the dormitory.

y/n sighs to herself and follows the male. todoroki does the same. the three of them all walk away from the dormitory, all going to the same extra classes to train for the hero license exam a few months away from them.

for some reason, even though katsuki thought he would absolutely nail the exam, he failed. something about his temper and being rude to hurt citizens. y/n heard about it from midoriya and uraraka when they were having lunch together yesterday.

todoroki on the other hand, also failed. she doesn't know why exactly, but he's not happy with it. she gets it though, who would be happy with that? you need to take extra classes. and to make it even better, these are the top two students in their class. how is that possible, huh?

well, y/n wouldn't know since she doesn't know these people very well.

so she thought.

"how was your first week here in japan, l/n?" todoroki asks. y/n is taken aback a little by his sudden questions.

y/n was surprised when she heard he didn't pass the exam, and wanted to talk to him. midoriya, uraraka and tsu told her that todoroki isn't really the chatty person. y/n thought he looked nice and wanted to talk to him, but they told her he probably wouldn't hold a good conversation. but here he is, talking to the new student from england, holding a conversation.

"oh eh," y/n starts, scratching her neck a little with her right hand, looking away from the half-hot and half-cold male. "it's been hard to catch up. you guys are really good and the school is different than the one in england. overall i'm doing fine, i guess. i'll manage."

the bicolored male nods a little and shows her a little smile. "right. i'm curious to see what you can do with your quirk."

y/n chuckles a little, "you shouldn't be too curious, though. my quirk ain't that hero worthy. yours on the other hand, damn. i'm impressed how good you are at using it!"

todoroki looks away a little and sighs. "thank you, l/n."

and the awkward tension takes over the two. y/n frowns a little and looks away from him, biting her lip. did she say something wrong?

katsuki lets out a 'tch' as he hears the two talk, shoving his hands further into his pockets. that stupid half-and-half bastard taking away my friend? get the fuck away from her, asshole.

the explosion-quirk male frowns to his own thoughts. what? no way he was thinking that. she's not his friend anymore and he knows that can't be him thinking that, right?

... right?