- 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

— 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒
"𝚒'𝚕𝚕 𝚊𝚜𝚔 𝚑𝚒𝚖 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚎𝚍𝚍𝚢"

"you're quiet, bakugo," kirishima tells his best friend, eyeing the boy up and down. he looks really tired, almost as if he didn't sleep at all last night. or, maybe even the last couple of nights.

"i'm fine, stop worrying about me, shitty hair," he says grumpy, rolling his eyes at kirishima. katsuki places his chopsticks down, then standing up and taking his tray in his hands. he looks at his friends for a short moment, and then rolls his eyes again.

"idiots," he mumbles, before he walks away, not in the mood to eat lunch with his friends. or eat lunch in general.

the three other boys and the pink-haired girl frown at his behavior. they watch their friend walk away with his hands in his pockets as he walks out of the cafetaria, ready to have some time for himself.

"what's going on with him?" kaminari asks, looking at his friends sitting at the table with him. they all shrug, then looking at each other.

"i don't know," ashido mumbles, looking at her phone for a short moment. "it's like he hasn't slept in days. did you hear anything, kirishima?" she asks, clicking her tongue and grabbing her juice box in her hand.

kirishima shakes his head, mumbling some words and placing his hand in his neck. "no..." he mumbles, a blush forming on his cheeks. "i'm a pretty heavy sleeper, i guess. or i just pass out really early at night. school has been tough... i'm always pretty tired, sorry. should i stay up and listen to what he's been doing?"

"well, it's not like he tells us anything," sero says, crossing his arms. "bakugo never talks about his feelings."

ashido claps her hands, her eyes getting wide when she realises something. "maybe he likes someone!"

sero, kirishima and kaminari look at each other, then laughing at ashido her comment. "bakugo, liking someone? you must be crazy, ashido," kaminari says with a chuckle. "and he calls me the idiot. i think he'll consider you the idiot now if he heard you talk."

ashido rolls her eyes at her friends, then crossing her arms. "come on, think about it. he is texting someone, but i doubt it's one of our classmates, right? what if he's been texting that person all night as well as the whole day! that might be why he's so quiet."

sero shrugs, "could be, but it seems unlikely that bakugo likes someone. he's rude, an asshole, and never shows any interest in anyone. why do you think he might like this person?"

"if he didn't, he wouldn't text that person all the time! i don't know about the night texting, but maybe kirishima can stay up at night and listen to what he's doing! maybe even knock on his door and ask him if he can find his stuffed animal or something."

kirishima's eyes widen, "i don't sleep with a stuffed animal!" he exclaims, looking at his friends. "that's not manly."

he crosses his arms and leans back in his chair, looking away from his friends. "but sure i'll ask him about teddy," he mumbles, closing his eyes for a second. "don't tell anyone."

ashido moves her middle finger and thumb over her lips from the left side to the right, smirking. "my lips are sealed, kirishima."

the whole group, aside from kirishima, start to laugh. kirishima just rolls his eyes and keeps his arms crossed, looking away from his friends.

all that's left to do is stay up tonight, listen carefully to what his friend is doing and ask him about his teddy bear. how hard could that be?