- 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓

— 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓
"𝚝𝚘𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚊 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚘𝚞𝚝𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎!"

that night, katsuki hovers over the familiar 'facetime' icon once again, looking at the contact name of his best friend as he's laying in his bed.

he has been calling her at night for the past four days now. it makes him really exhausted at day, but in the end, it's all worth it. he just wants to talk to her and hear her voice. it makes the lack of sleep he's been getting so worth it. katsuki doesn't care that he's being quiet with his friends, as long as he can talk to the girl in england, he'll be fine.

it's all worth it.

he then clicks the icon on his screen, dialing y/n's number to facetime her. he waits and waits, and after a couple of seconds, her face pops up on his screen with a wide smile.

"katsuki!" she says excitedly, smiling bright. she's wearing a dark red croptop, and some black shorts to go along with that. she's putting her hair into a bun while she tries to look at her screen, to see her best friend.

"how are you?" she asks, to which katsuki rolls his eyes. "like you care, bitch."

she chuckles at his words. "of course i do! you're getting grumpier by the day, kats! what's going on?" the girl asks bubbly, sighing happily as she plops down on her bed, taking her phone in her hands.

"nothing. stop asking me how i'm doing, it doesn't matter."

she rolls her eyes at his answer and bites her lip, looking out of the window. then, she looks back at her screen and watches the ash-blonde guy. he has big bags under his eyes, and how many times the female has told him to go to sleep, that many times he also told her that he's fine and doing alright. he doesn't need his sleep, he says.

only y/n knows so much better. but, she feels flatterned that he wants to give up his sleep just to talk to her.

maybe he does care a little.

"today is such a good day outside! i'm going out with my mom for some icecream tonight, after dinner! she's at work right now, but will be back right before dinner. i think i'll make some chicken noodle soup for dinner... or do you have any other ideas?" she asks the ash-blonde, looking at her screen.

he rolls his eyes, "i couldn't care less, l/n. just do whatever," he answers. just talk like you did just now, i'll listen.

"we should get icecream together when we meet," she sighs happily, nodding to herself. "yeah, that would be cute! what sort of icecream do you like? chocolate ones, or vanilla? oh! maybe you're a fruity icecream person!"

the female keeps on rambling about her icecream, which makes bakugo smile. she's adorable when she's talking about something that she thinks is exciting.

"vanilla is fine," he answer the girl, clicking his tongue. "i don't like icecream that much, dumb bitch. but whatever. it's not like we'll meet anyway."

y/n's smile drops a little, making katsuki's heart stop for a second. fuck, i made her sad. what do i do now?

"you're right..." she says with a sigh, then looking away. "but we can dream, right? maybe one day we will. when we're both heroes, i'll make sure to get a job close to you for a while just so i can meet you!"

the smile on her face returns, and she looks at katsuki's bright red eyes. even in the dark, they look so bright and pretty. at least, they do to y/n.

"you're an idiot, l/n..." the ash-blonde mumbles, sighing. "but you're right, maybe we'll meet one day."

she smiles and nods, then looking out of the window again, watching as some kids on the street play with their action figures.

"and i can't wait to finally meet you," katsuki mumbles, loud enough for her to hear, but she doesn't. her head is somewhere deep in her own thoughts, that deep that she doesn't even hear the sweet words coming from the male.

but the thought of meeting katsuki one day, just makes her so happy. and that day, she'll become the happiest girl on earth. she'll finally meet her best friend.

if that ever happens...