~ C h a p t e r 83 ~

~ Distorted Screams ~
> 5038 words <
>unedited<

"ERI, GIVE ME THE FUCKING KETCHUP."

"NO, IT'S UNNATURAL!" Eri yelled back without missing a beat, tucking her body around the red container as if it was a football and running around the dining table. Toga was chasing her, skidding around corners with her unicorn-themed socks and a nose strip folded over her nose.

It was just like any other Monday morning in their household. The insomniacs of the family had already cooked a full five-course breakfast just an hour earlier out of boredom. Again.

The sun was slowly rising at an agonizing pace. It was much too early for the children of the household-Eri and Toga-to be screaming and running around. So that's why Kurogiri purchased earbuds, and that's why he is currently blasting music through them.

Shigaraki and Dabi were sat together at the table with dead looks in their eyes. They had, along with Twice, made breakfast. For the entirety of last night they played puzzles, internally screamed as they played Mario Cart, and had a very very competitive and borderline friendship-ruining game of Monopoly Twister.

So of course they needed a way to settle their differences: a competitive food competition.

Dabi won.

It was safe to say he was one of the better chefs. And that before they started he changed the salt out for sugar, and pepper out for chili flakes. And late at night, no one noticed the difference.

Sabotage: the best way to win a game.

Twice was in the Kitchen, getting everyone's drinks prepared. He lost the cooking competition. Safe to say his eggs tasted very, very sweet. Anyways, Twice was trying to carry all the cups over in one go, using two dishes to carry them-one on his hand, the other just on his head.

On the other side of the dining table sat Izuku. Katsuki was in his dorm for the first time in forever, eating breakfast with his classmates. It was strange, usually, Izuku pleads with Katsuki to stay and eat with them in the mornings before Katsuki can leave. Usually Katsuki stays, or makes a quick trip to the dorm before coming back.

Izuku was quiet, staring at his empty plate-they were still setting the table-as if all the chaos around him wasn't happening. He had no eyebags, but he looked more out of it than the rest.

"SCRAMBLED EGGS ARE BETTER WITH KETCHUP!" Toga argued, jumping in the air and tumbling down onto a shrieking Eri. They landed in a wrestling ball of early morning fighting power, right behind Izuku's chair.

"NO! GET OFF OF ME YOU FAT CLOWN!" Eri tried to tuck and roll away, squirming her arms to try to keep the bottle of ketchup away from Toga.

Yup, just like any other Monday.

The two tumbled, and tumbled, and tumbled. Right into a trembling Twice, who held the drinks.

The cups clattered to the ground, juice and coffee spilling onto the floor. "DAMNIT" Twice shouted, but no malice was behind it. He found himself holding back a smirk as the two children ignored the spillage and glass. Nothing would stop this war.

Dabi face planted onto the table, groaning. "I'll come help," he said before dragging himself up and over to help Twice.

"It's too early for this," Shigaraki muttered, shoving food into his mouth. When is something too early? How do we know? Or, is it always right on time. Yet in more than one way, he was right. More right than he thought he was. And more right than anyone wanted him to be.