~ C h a p t e r 84 ~

~ All He Could Do ~
> 433 words <
>unedited<

The room was silent. The walls towered over Izuku, making his legs weak.

"What do you mean," he barely managed to say. His voice no louder than a whisper.

Kurogiri stayed silent. The clock on the wall ticked, each tic echoing louder than the last. The room was moving. Spinning.

Izuku balled his hands into fist. "What do you mean?" He spoke louder, desperate. Desperate for an answer. A reply. To be told this was all just some sick joke.

"Kuro, answer me." He was in disbelief, pleading for this joke to be over. "Please just tell me it isn't true."

It wasn't funny anymore. It wasn't funny at the beginning, either. Izuku's mind frantically scrambled for some sort of explanation. For some sort of lie detected on Kurogiri's face.

There was no lies. But... it couldn't be. It couldn't be true.

Izuku's eyes were as fragile as glass. Tears threatening to crack through and poor down his face. He reached a hand out towards Kurogiri, as if that would bring him closer to the real world. To out of this lie. "It isn't funny, Kuro, this... isn't funny."

His voice cracked, and his hand trembled.

Kurogiri gripped Izuku's hand. The touch was soft, yet he held on tight. "It's true... Izuku... I'm so sorry. I... I did try-"

"No... no no no no no." Izuku tried to back away. "No... no! It can't be true... it CAN'T be true..." The room was suffocating him. He needed to leave. It wasn't true-it couldn't be true.

"Izuku-"

Right? It couldn't be true. Izuku had to go searching. He needed to.

"Izuku..."

And he sobbed. He sobbed and sobbed and sobbed.

"Let me go!" He cried, trying to pry away. He needed to go. The walls were closing in. They were getting closer. They were getting too close.

They were going to crush him more than he was already crushed.

Izuku was trembling and sobbing. Begging and pleading for kurogiri to let him go, trying to scratch his hand away-to pull away. He needed to leave.

Hot tears tainted his cheeks red, gasped sobs unwilling flooding out of his mouth. "Let me go! Let me go!" He tried to wriggle, to hit and punch. He scratched and pulled and tried to scream but all the sounds he tried to make at this point were muffled from his own sobs. All just to escape this horror. This nightmare.

But Kurogiri didn't let go. He just pulled Izuku into his embrace, and held him tightly. Because that's all he could do.