~ C h a p t e r 86 ~

~ besties i forgot to post lol ~
> 1243 words <
>ugly unedited<

For the second time that day, his heart shattered.  Like a hammer to a mirror.

"What?"

Sometimes, conversations are weird.  Some conversations, in the moment, are much too fast.  Too fast to understand or fully grasp anything.  Too fast to fully process.

Nezu sighed, "Izuku.  It's clear that they are trying to get to you for whatever reason.  You need to be kept safe."

Safety was a top priority.  A few reasons pointed to this being most important: if UA lost two students, the media—if they found out—would be enraged; if they keep Izuku they might be able to use him as fake bait—saying that they shipped him off to another country to distract the villains; and, well, Izuku was cared for by lots of people, including a lot of UA faculty and students.

Izuku wanted to cry.  "I don't need to be kept safe!"  He outcried, "We need to just find Katsuki."

They needed to find him.  They needed too, Izuku thought.  Why should safety be top of this list?  Shouldnt they all be out there now, tearing the city apart and trying to find him?  Or scanning and gathering evidence to pinpoint where he is?

"Yes you do.  They are trying to get to you.  We," Nezu gestured to the heroes around him, "will work very hard to find Katsuki.  For now, you need to stay here and stay inside."

"What?  No!  That's stupid," Izuku stood up, his hands gripping the table.  He was angry.  He was really fucking angry.  "I have to help!  I'm good at these kinds of cases!  I've been doing them for years, why can't I do them now?"

"Izuku-"

"What?  Give me one good reason why I can't help?"

Izuku should be able to help.  He is a... hero... after all.  He should be out there right now, trying to find Katsuki.  Why isn't he out there?  Why won't they let him out there?

Eri reached over and grabbed his hand.  "Zuku," her voice was small, "Please... just stay home, okay?  The grownups will find Katsuki, okay?"

Izuku took a breath.  He couldn't be angry near the kids.  Then they would hate him.  He smiled at Eri, before turning back to the others.  "If I am there I will help speed the process up.  Just let me help."

Eri frowned, but she held Izuku's hand tighter.

"Izuku, I forbid you helping." Nezu spoke, authority leaking from his voice.  "This is a job for the adults."

"Just because I am a kid doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to help!"

"Yes it does!  You are still a kid Izuku, this is much too dangerous."

"I've been in more dangerous situations!  Just let me help!"  His eyes hurt and his throat was tense from holding back his own tears.

Katsuki is out there right now, with the people who kidnapped him.  With the people who held him captive for years.  With the people that hurt him.

Katsuki was going to get hurt.  Really hurt.  And Izuku needed him out of there now.

Katsuki needed to be saved right now.