~ C h a p t e r 73 ~

~ Burning ~
> 2390 words <
>unedited<

"Damnit..."

Izuku's grip on the showers temperature knob desperately tightened, trying to force the water to get colder, yet the dial wouldn't move-it was as cold as it could go.

Yet Izuku still felt like he was burning.

It was almost as if he was still in that town, running past flaming and scorching buildings trying oh so desperately to listen for any signs of life.

He still could feel the lingering feeling of flames brushing all but too close for comfort.

He could still feel the way ash seemingly clung to his lungs and scratched at his throat when he accidentally breathed in without fabric covering his nose or mouth.

Izuku still smelt like vomit and death. A powerful, horrible scent that made Izuku almost want to double over and get sick again.

Cold water droplets clambered down Izuku's pale skin, the water drenching his soapy hair as he once again tried to twist the knob.

It was too hot.

The shower was simply as cold as it could-Izuku knew this, he could feel how his limbs seemingly were turning numb and how the water almost hurt his skin.

But it wasn't helping.

Izuku was still burning.

Three loud knocks banged on the bathroom door, nearly causing Izuku to jump out in shock. "Izu, you okay in there? It's been ten minutes..."

Katsuki's voice was drenched in worry-how would it not be? His boyfriend just was breaking down in his arms merely twenty minutes ago and wouldn't tell him what happened.

Izuku wouldn't tell Katsuki what he saw.

What he was responsible for.

Katsuki didn't know Izuku caused the death of so many...

Would... would Katsuki hate him if he found out...?

If he found out Izuku was a monster... would he still love him...?

The thought almost shattered Izuku-the thought of Katsuki hating him...

"Yeah... give me a few more minutes," Izuku huffed, his eyes closed as water washed away the suds on him, his arm withdrawing from the temperature knob and Izuku crossed his arms, his fingers rubbing soothing circles into his forearms.

It's okay.

He wasn't there.

He couldn't change the past.

He couldn't bring them back.

...it wasn't his fault... he didn't kill them...

Yet in some weird way, Izuku felt as if he could have saved them. Maybe... maybe if Izuku wasn't so selfish, and he didn't fight so hard... and he was still in the league...

Maybe then those people would of lived...?

But why...

Why kill them...?

What did Izuku even do? Who did he upset?

It... it had to be the league, right? What other villain organization was so big and so powerful to pull something that off...?

What other villain organizations hated Izuku...?

None.

It... it was scary. It was scary to not know what was happening...