~ C h a p t e r 49 + Announcement ~

~ Forgive me for loving you ~
> 2437 words <

Katsuki froze when he heard the sound of shattering glass right outside the door, and immediately Katsuki and Kai made eye contact that lasted seconds as they both realized what was happening. Kai mumbled a curse under her breath and turned, slamming the door open to only see Dabi and what looked like sharp shards of glass from a cup scattered on the floor along with splattered water encompassing the area.

Did... did Izuku hear them? Why would... was the greenette worried about the blond and went upstairs, only to hear Kai telling Katsuki his secret?

Katsuki heard speeding footsteps.

When Katsuki's alerted ruby eyes looked down the staircase towards the noise of those frantic footsteps, he saw the back of a frantically running greenette slam the front door of the restaurant open and run outside into the pouring rain and thunder.

Izuku was... running away...

Fuck! He must have heard them!

"IZUKU!" Katsuki yelled without thinking, pushing Kai out of the way with his arm as he sprinted down the steps, being careful to not move the glass in-case of the children stepping on it as they were just down the steps, confused on the situation.

"Kai?" Eri asked nervous and confused, she played with her hair as Kota stared out the front door with a worrying look on his features. "W-what happened? Why did Izuku run?"

What made Izuku freak out like that?

The kids were nervous, and they wanted to know why Izuku was crying and running away! He left for a few seconds, what could have happened in that short amount of time to affect Izuku like that?

Once Katsuki's shoes hit the floor that was at the bottom of the staircase, his sprint turned into a full out run as he pushed his foot behind him to pick up speed-he needed to catch up with Izuku! "DEKU!" He yelled at to no avail as he rushed out of the restaurant. He stopped right outside the door and looked around, trying to spot what way Izuku went in this rainy and thundering weather. Roars and the booming of thunder were close by, making it hard to hear just right and gave Katsuki a rush of adrenaline as more rain began to fall.

With a sigh, he threw his hood over his head to try and block the rain from himself so he didn't get sick from after all of this. But he knew Izuku wasn't wearing anything appropriate for this weather. The small teen was simply wearing a white t-shirt and a pair of thin leggings since he didn't have to hide his scars from his 'family.'

Though he was going to throw on the jacket that was waiting out on the booth, Katsuki already noted that it laid untouched.

"He heard you guys-well, just Katsuki asking if he liked him. He...he kinda just froze and ran off." Dabi tried his best to explain it hurriedly as Katsuki looked around. He spoke loud enough as he walked down the stairs for Katsuki to hear him. "He just...his eyes-he was freaking out and he seemed to breathe faster. I think it was a panic attack of sorts."

Katuski growled as he finally caught sight of green hair far away. Damnit! With this weather, Izuku was going to get sick, and probably get away from them! And he was probably having some sort of a panic attack from what he gathered from Dabi.

That must of been why he didn't grab his jacket!

With little time to spare Katsuki started to run towards where he saw Izuku. He heard a muffled yell from Kai, "I'll get everyone else to help! Just you go and chase him Katsuki!"

...and the worst part of all of this, Katsuki thought while he started to run as fast as his legs would enable him to, was that Izuku thought Katsuki wouldn't like him back-well, that is what he gathered. Why else would he run? Izuku felt scared, he felt cornered. He was in a situation he didn't know how to deal with.