Chapter 35

Jasper's PoV

"Why the fucking hell are you pinning him against the wall?!" Jenna squeaked after Riley and Theo yelled 'WTF' and now Riley's looking in the other direction with a blush on her cheeks while Theo was just standing there with wide eyes. I guess Mark may have made his move on Riley.

"You didn't answer me, what should I call you then?" She asked something which I couldn't understand.

"Aww, you didn't understand what I was saying in French." And once again, I cursed the 12 year old me, even more than ever, for taking up German and Dutch over French. Learning those languages was hell.

Learning French would have been worth it. At least I wouldn't be looking like a fucking idiot right now in front of her- I mean everyone.

"Can someone tell me what the hell is going on here?" Mark asked, looking at me and Venere.

Her nails dug their way into my skin. She continued staring at me and replied, "Relax everyone, I was just giving Jazzy a few lessons on... concentration." Her eyes had that mischievous glint which was always hard to miss.

She winked at me and walked away. I immediately stepped away from that wall and faked a cough. Dio mio this woman is making me lose my senses.

"Theo, you were gonna be here yesterday. What happened?"

"Wife happened. Mom blackmailed me into marrying some woman, named Diana. Gosh, she even threatened Diana to marry me. And that Diana made me almost go crazy with her rant." He just said that. And knowing Janet, what he said was 100% possible.

"Mark?" He knew I was asking if he was alright and nodded. "So, what did you find?"

"The security check post said they didn't see such a package getting into their custody. Someone must have sneaked in and gave it to Lewis." Riley replied while Mark glared at her.

It's hard to describe their relationship one minute hot, the other minute cold. Whatever Mark did, it was useless, utterly useless.

"Now, now people. Get to the dining room. I can't work when such a horror movie kinda scene is set up for me in the living room." I heard Venere say in her slight French accent.

Wait, French accent? How and why didn't I notice this before?

Ignoring the stupid questions in my head, I walked into the dining room. There, Mac had set up her laptop, tab with some other technical mumbo jumbo I wasn't interested in.

She typed furiously something into her laptop and continued to tap onto her tab.

"Okay, so I have hacked into system an-"

"Woah woah woah, hold on! You did what?" Riley was seething with anger and on that cue, Mark held her back.

"Thanks Marky, so as-"

"Talk to me, you bit- uhmhm!" Mark shut her mouth by pressing his hand against her mouth. I quickly looked away from them.

"Once again, thanks Mark. So before I got rudely interrupted;" Venere glared at Riley for a sec before looking back to screen and continued, "I was gonna say that your security system was either hacked before I did or one of your security team member was the one who switched off the whole CCTV tape recorded the time that package came in."

"What? How can you be so sure?" Theo asked.

"FYI, if I had been certain with this shit that has happened, I wouldn't have given two fucking options! I would have just pointed at the fucker who did one of those and let y'all deal it with the way you want to."