Prologue

A Penthouse, Elisphere

"Jasper."

...

"Jasper!"

"What?!" He asked annoyed. 

He really wasn't in the mood for her nonsense. All he wanted was some strong whiskey to drown in.

"Don't drink. Not today, at least and answer me first! Tell me what's this deal with Mac? Why are you trying to find him?" His sister, Riley asked. 

"Mac's the best hacker in the world. It would be great for our gang."

"Mother took over the gang after father's death. Are you sure she's going to let you hire someone?" Riley asked.

"Mac can help us unravel what's going on in the underworld since he has resources we can't access." He said when out of nowhere he remembered the exact words before his love fell off the cliff. 

'Remember that I will always love you. Even if you think or others make you think anything otherwise.'

How could she love him when he was the one who pushed her towards death?

"Jasper, you said you moved on! This isn't what she would want." She mumbled the last part to herself. He froze, unable to reply.

"As much as I hate myself for bringing this up, I need to do this. So why Jasper? Why now? It's been eight years!"

"Are you done? Any more questions for Professor Jasper?" He asked sarcastically.

"Seriously you are asking questions as if we are in AP Calculus class and you don't understand a single thing." He continued.

"But do you think it's a good idea? To bring Mac in front of your mom?" Jenna, his best friend asked. 

"It seems like you both are questioning my decisions. Are you?" He narrowed his eyes.

They both shook their heads in negative. Of course they would do that. Even if they are family, they certainly wouldn't want to get onto his bad side. They knew it wouldn't do any good to anyone who is meeting him today.

At 16, he was the youngest ever brother to join the underworld.

At that time, someone tried to give him shit for being 'too young'. He fought that guy in the cage and practically annihilated him. Since then, the members knew better than to fuck with him.

He gave them another one of his 'looks' that would leave the bravest of men pissing their pants and left. The only thing his best friend and sister could do was stare at his retreating figure.

                                ******

Jasper entered the cafe to meet his informant who claimed to know the whereabouts of Mac. He sat down and waited for her to spill.

"Why are you looking so pale?" He asked.

"I- I think you sho-should call your c-crew. What I h-have to say- it's quite sh-shocking." The informant replied, stammering under his intimidating gaze. 

An hour later everyone arrived at the cafe. "Now can you tell what's so important that you wanted everyone here right now." Jasper growled.

"Jasper, he has been useful to us all these years. It wasn't this poor guy's fault that Mac would get to know about our plan and run away." Benjamin said.

"Shut up Ben." Jasper said and turned to the informant.

"H-here's the s-shocking news." The informant said, giving an envelope. Jasper continued to glare at her as he took the envelope from her and opened it. It was a girl's photo.

His first thought was, She looks cute.

" Th-this is M-mac." The informant said.

Jasper was surprised by the new revelation. Seeing women at the forefront in this business was uncommon - and talented ones like Mac? Practically nonexistent.

 "Why are you seeing like you have seen... a... Mac is a woman!" Riley exclaimed after seeing the photo.

"She's hot. I'd do her if she was not Mac." Ben involuntarily voiced his thoughts.

"Not the time Ben!" The whole gang except Jasper snapped at him. Because he was too busy staring at her photograph.

"This woman has been on our nerves all these fucking years. What's our next move, Jasper?" Mark asked. And with that, Jasper snapped out of his trance.

"We are gonna kidnap her. Hey, you.. whatever your name is. Get us her location now!" He said in a low, threatening tone.

"I- I knew y-you would ask that. Check t-the envelope. It's in t-there." The informant stuttered. 

"Good. Here's your payment. We'll call you if we need you again." Jasper said and gave her a brown envelope. He left some bills on the table and left, his crew following him.

As soon as their car had been out of parking, the informant removed the wig, followed by the braces and smirked to herself. 

As she predicted, they took the envelope with them and also decided that they would kidnap her. Just as planned. By her.

He didn't know that the person he was hunting for was right under his nose. For seven years.

Stage one complete.

Little do they know they are walking right into my trap. She smirked, calmly sipping her wine, waiting for them to discuss their plan so that she could get her work done before they 'kidnap' her.

Somewhere else in Elisphere...

The constant ringing of the cell-phone irritated the woman who was sipping her tea calmly. Once she saw the caller ID she rolled her eyes as she received the call.

"Did you send a few people on her trail?" The woman asked through her phone, her voice cold as ice.

"Yes, of course. We have had our man tailing her for the past 3 years. She's not suspicious, yet." The person replied. 

"Good. I expect Mac's personal details soon.

They should also know what to do if she spots them, am I clear?" The woman said and hung up the phone, not bothering to hear the man's reply.

Hi Berries! How have you been doing? I hope you love TGATH cause... Why not? Do give a chance to this book! *Gives a bucket of popcorn to those who are reading this book.* Meet you soon!

Love,
~Katie.