Chapter 46

"The jet is here. Let's get going. Everyone's luggage, including yours, Mac, is in the storage compartment of the jet. Let's not waste time here." Mark said, making me and Jasper look at him. The three of us walked to the jet after checking that none of our stuff was left behind.

After getting clearance, the jet took off.

"Thank God you didn't create a scene this time." Jasper muttered under his breath. Ignoring his comment, I just closed my eyes and refrained myself from looking anywhere else. I don't want to end up being a blubbering hot mess if they use sedatives on me like last time. I still don't know what the hell happened last time. But the hot and cold behaviour from Jas is definitely giving away the fact that I had woken up in between and said something stupid.

Hearing a beep I opened my eyes to see Jasper taking off the seatbelt and bolted towards the bedroom. "So, what was that?" Mark asked me when Jasper just took off towards his room.

"I'm not a mind reader to know what's going on in his head and why the fuck he bolted. I expected these stupid questions from Ben, not you."

"I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about what happened."

"So many things have happened in the past few weeks, Marky. Which fucking day are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about that day when we were leaving Elisphere and you had that episode. It was your acrophobia, wasn't it?" I froze as soon as those words left his mouth but in a split second looked at him suspiciously.

No one from the crew threw a hunch so close to the truth. They all thought I'm unhinged and that was one of the behaviors of unhinged people. Well, I may be unhinged but not the point here. Mark is asking me about what he already knows.

I wonder if he was the one I saw in that video footage.

"Why should I tell you anything? For all I know, the whole crew including that fucker;" I pointed towards the door where Jasper went and continued, "-set this whole thing up to get dirt on me. So thanks but no thanks."

"Look, if you think that I'm gonna rat out your secret, then you haven't known me at all."

"Well, I actually don't even want to know any of you personally considering the fact that one of your crew members is already betraying Jasper. And that might even be you. Despite the fact that you all have known each other for decades."

Fuck, am I fucking crazy?! That kiss with Jasper has definitely unhinged my brain if I'm letting one of the suspects know he is on my suspect list! When he smirked, I pulled out my gun and pointed at him. "Jasper STOP SULKING and get the hell out of that stupid room!"

But what Mark replied really took me off guard. "So, I wasn't the only one who had that suspicion? And why are you pointing your gun at me?" He furrowed his brows.

"What? But-"

"Are you crazy? Why are you pointing your gun at him!" Jasper came out of the room and yelled as soon as he saw us.

"Because there is a probability that he is ou- your traitor." Jasper tried to hide his anger but he can't hide his emotions from me. I can read his emotions clear as day.

I can't start thinking that I am a part of their crew. Not now, not ever. I am so close to knowing what exactly happened all those years ago. After knowing the whole picture, Ill have no purpose here whatsoever.

"What? No." Mark raised his right eyebrow, as if questioning my intelligence for even thinking something like that.

"You had a sinister smirk on your face when I mentioned the traitor! Don't you dare fucking deny that."