Chapter 16

I can't believe this is happening to me.

Right now, I'm sitting like, real close to Jasper and we're talking about all the bullshit of this world just because 'we're engaged' and we don't want the two MIBs to realize that I am not his fiancée and then give this fantastic news to Janet.

I really am gonna make Jasper regret he said that lie. Just let us get out of here.

"We're here, Sir." The MIB who was driving said. Rude much!

I rolled my eyes and got out of the car. Jasper had his arm around my waist 'possessively' and we headed inside the mansion.

His stepmother was descending the stairs when we entered the mansion. I had to elbow him to let me go because Janet was glaring at Jasper's hand. He grumbled but didn't dare to place his arm around my waist again.

"Jasper, Ragazzo Mio (My boy)!" Janet exclaimed as soon as she was on the last step. She motioned the MIBs to go away while looking at us. 

"Mother? Why did you have Theo lie? You could have called?!" Jasper asked.

"Well, you avoided my calls. I had no option but to do so." Janet shrugged.

"Mother!" Riley, Chelsea and Jasper yelled.

"Besides, I had to meet my future daughter-in-law." She continued, sipping her drink. 

For the first time, I was confused by seeing someone's drink in their glass. It was so damn red it could be misunderstood for blood. I never heard of a drink that was this red.

I just nodded while gazing at her in suspicion.

"Very different from what Selene said. Are you sure she's the same person and not some doppelganger of hers?" She paused for a second and then continued.

I refrained from laughing out loud then and there.

"Because Selene said she was shy and here... She's the one beating the shit out of you."

I couldn't control anymore and laughed in front of her. 

"Mrs. DeLuca, I'm sorry for laughing like that but I couldn't help myself." I replied chuckling. She looked at Jasper with an eyebrow raised.

If she's thinking that I am mental, it's alright. I'm fine with that as long as she doesn't call the mental asylum.

"I asked her to do so because of what you said a few months ago, remember?" Jasper looked frustrated as hell. 

I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed his cheek.

 "Calm down, Jazzy. Just take a deep breath." He wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his head on my shoulder after I whispered.

After a few minutes, we left each other, and Janet was frowning at us.

"Jasper, I'm happy that you finally took my word seriously this time but a pazza (crazy woman) like her..." she was saying and I almost leaped to kill her.

Keyword: almost.

Jasper had an arm around my shoulder from behind before I could leap ahead to kill her.

"Relax." He whispered in my ear which sent shivers down my spine. I ignored those shivers and took a deep breath.

"Then tell her not to call me pazza. Okay?" I whispered back with my eyes closed.

"Mother, I'm sure there are other reasons why you got the crew here?" Jasper asked, still not leaving me.

Good decision Jasper, if you don't want to add 'late' before Janet's name.