Chapter 12

On our way home Chelsea fell asleep, so I was really grateful that I chose to go to the hotel in Jasper's car instead of driving my motorcycle. Gosh, the gang would have been so mad if she had fallen off my motorcycle!

As soon as I parked the car in the building's basement, Chelsea started to turn her head left and right. "No! Nat! Save her! C-" She yelled suddenly.

"Wake up, Chelsea!" I interrupted, shaking her shoulder.

I had to shake her a few times before she woke up with a gasp. I gave her a bottle of water that I had filled before leaving the penthouse. She drank it hurriedly.

"What happened? What was the nightmare about?" I asked. I have had enough share of experiences with nightmares that I know it will help if she talks about it to someone.

But before she could say anything, Riley rushed to the car and got Chelsea out of the car. I got out as well and went to help her when Riley held her palm in the air.

"You won't be anywhere near Chelsea from now on. She told us everything before. Thank goodness the staff called me and informed me about you both returning in Jasper's car." She said in a cold tone and walked to the elevator.

I groaned when she said that. I mean, am I really the antagonist here? I rolled my eyes and walked to the elevator as well. Together we went back to the penthouse in awkward silence.

Everyone glared at me as soon as I entered the penthouse. "Really? Have I killed all of your kittens and pups that you all are glaring at me?" I asked sarcastically.

"Why are you harassing us like this?" Jenna asked in a confused tone.

"Wait-" Chelsea was saying when Marky dragged her away.

"I knew she’s scamming us. But no! Who wanted to listen to me?" Riley said sarcastically.

"Calm down, Riley. We should wait for Jasper to come back." Ben said.

I guess Riley ignored him because the next moment, she just marched to me and held my neck. I held my breath so that I won't have much of a problem breathing later when she releases my neck.

"You may have everyone around your little finger, but not me. You better watch out." She threatened me.

"Riley, leave her." Jasper's voice boomed through the living room. And yet she didn't leave my neck. Instead, her grip tightened on my neck.

"I said- leave her neck!" Jasper yelled and ripped her hand off me.

"That's gonna leave marks on my neck." I muttered under my breath.

"What the hell is wrong with you Jasper! Didn't you hear-" She was saying when Jasper interrupted her with his yell.

"Chelsea fucking lied! She wanted to see that damn interrogation! And she knew, if we thought that Mac had told her to do so, we would allow her to get there!" Jasper yelled in one go.

Riley glared at me and said, "I don't know what she told you but she's lying! I believe my sister over this fucking outsider."

With that, she marched to... probably whichever that room is. Not that I want to know anyways.

"So, what you said is true? Or was it only to save Mac?" Marc asked appearing out of nowhere, quite literally I might add.

"You all know if that had been, she wouldn't have walked into this penthouse. A bullet would have passed through her forehead." He replied and I rolled my eyes.

"You really think that would actually happen?" I asked boredly.

"And before you say some shit like 'we still don't trust you' and all, let me tell you one thing I don't trust you either and probably won't for the rest of my life." I replied when he opened his mouth. He coughed a little before opening his mouth again.

"Good, at least our priorities don't change on the basis of what happened today." He said and went towards the office.

"But I still have to talk to you, so if you may?" He continued, showing his hand towards the office door.

As soon as I entered, he closed the door and went to the minibar in his office.

"What would you like to have?" He asked and I eyed him suspiciously.

"Don't worry, I don't have the hobby of adding poison to my drinks. Besides, I hate to acknowledge this, but you saved me and Chelsea. Whatever your reasons might be. Which is why I want to have a civil discussion with you." He said.

"Then, what's so important that you couldn't talk about when we share the same fucking room?" I asked.

"I want your informant to re-investigate this whole ordeal and also what happened at the hotel. Clearly, on the basis of what happened today, the list was a fucking trap." He replied.

"Did you ask your staff? They must know something if that happened in your damn hotel." I said.

"If those morons knew anything I wouldn't have said to you to investigate all this bullshit." He replied in a cold tone.

"Fine. I'll do it." I rolled my eyes.

"Right now." He said.

"What?" I asked in disbelief.

"Call him right now and start the investigation." He said.

"And if you don't call him right now, I will." He continued when I was going to protest.

"And how would you?" I asked and he showed a very familiar device.

"How the fuck did you get my phone!" I yelled.

"That doesn't matter. What matters is that I have your phone." He smirked.

"So are you calling him or I should do the honors?" He asked.

I controlled my laugh and said, "Do the honors then."

He tried to unlock my phone but failed miserably.

Trying every single thing that could be my password, the reply to it was the same, 'It's the wrong password, try again'. After a few laughable attempts my settings rolled into action.

Before my phone went into a 48-hour lock-out, I snatched it from him.

"Don't start a game when you can't fucking finish it." I said, unlocking my phone to prevent it from entering the lock-out.

He stepped closer until he was at a hair's  width from me and gazed into my eyes. I could feel the warmth radiating from his body and resisted the urge to lean in.

"I did start the game but ended it as well . My goal was to unlock your phone. And... you did." He smirked and leaned back sipping his whiskey.

Asshole. I was kinda missing his-

Stop. Back to the case, Mac.

I called my informant and ordered him to re-investigate the whole ordeal that happened in Spain and also what happened at the hotel.

After I ended the call I was about to leave his office when he held my wrist. I don't know why but there was something that I couldn't pinpoint in his touch- familiarity, calmness, gentleness, I don't know. But there was something.

"Now what?" I was already annoyed at the fact that he tricked me into unlocking my phone. I didn't want anything else that would make me mad even more.

"I-uh-"

"If you want to do that all day, call the gang and then continue. Don't fucking waste my time." I interrupted.

"Will you let me talk!" He snapped back. I rolled my eyes but motioned to continue, anyways.

"I think we have to make a pact." He said.

And... he's officially going insane.