Chapter47

Jasper's PoV

"Do you have any proof that is in your favour? How else do you think we can actually believe you?"

After getting off the jet, Mac managed to convince Mark and I to stay at a motel or any place that isn't that isn't owned by or related to Deluca's and discuss every plan and doubts and only after that go back to the penthouse. We were gonna go to the place where Theo got married to unveil his wife's identity.

But here we are since the past 15 minutes, arguing why Mac still thinks Mark is the traitor. As soon as we got to the hotel half an hour ago, she ended up asking Mark why he was so curious back on the plane. Mark tried to deflect the question but that resulted in her bringing up the topic of why he could be the traitor. And that's how Mark who never ever even talks, ends up yelling like some pumped up fighter.

"How many times do I have to say, your fucking allegations ARE BASELESS!" He hollered so loud, I think everyone in the 2 miles range heard him, considering how small, quiet AND utterly... orribile this... motel is. Not even orribile- Horrible doesnt start to cover the description of this motel.

Mac sighed and massaged the bridge of her nose. As if that will make the building migraine in her head and the jet lag disappear.

"Look, even I want this to end ASAP. I can't run around dealing with your petty gang drama. I have things of my own to do because of which I was here in the first place. But here I am ignoring all of that to deal with your bullshit." She replied and both Mark and I glared at her. We didn't force you to do so. You came here out of your free will!

"But I'm telling you both damn it!" He pushed his hair back roughly and continued. "I will never ever betray Jasper. How many times do I have to tell you, we may have differences in our beliefs or even have the most major fights of all times, I can never forget he spared my life in this life of dark quicksand that he was in since birth!"

He started to breathe heavily as soon as completing that sentence. Dio mio, he must be exhausted after yelling like that.

"But it still is at his mercy. And people can become ungrateful after a certain period of time. You could have had a change of heart and decided that enough of living at others' mercy." She really truly wants to end up dead at my hands or else she wouldn't have fucking dared to test my patience even once.

"Venere!" We had an eye-contact and she mimicked my tone, "Roy!" A smile involuntarily surfacing on her face. I started to chuckle, shaking my head without breaking our eye-contact. At least even if she's giving me a nickname which is an English word and not French.

Why the fuck am I chuckling! This isn't a light matter! She's accusing my hitman! And why the fucking hell is she calling me roy?!

I managed to stop my chuckles and she looked away from me. That eye-contact... It reminded me of our kiss. She has the same teasing glint in her eyes that she had in that cafe.

That kiss was so inebriante, I had never felt so intoxicated in my entire existence. It was as if someone had injected some droga into my veins, a drug which can give the most euphoric experience ever. I so wanted to do more than just kissing her but We were interrupted and the way she closed of her expressions when she realized Mark was right there smirking, I knew she wont let this fucking slip-up happen ever again.

Damn it Mark, why the fuck did you get there when you did!

I should not let that fucking kiss get into my head because clearly she isn't affected.

She massaged her forehead again before turning to me and said,

She started to walk towards the door but stopped and continued to talk.