Chapter 55

Lavanya's PoV

"No!" I sit up straight, panting. My head started spinning and I realized it probably wasn't the best idea to sit up straight like that when I'm in the fucking jet which is almost 22 to 30 thousand feet above the ground. The nightmare got cut off right before I was pushed off the cliff still, it's called 'nightmare' for a reason. I looked at the clock to see that I had slept only for two hours. Did I endure that nightmare for two hours? It felt like it had been an eternity since I was trapped in that nightmare.

No, no, let's think about something else. The ambush planned for Jenna. Yeah. Let's think about it.

The plan is ready. They explained it to me three hours ago when we're in the car heading towards the nearest air hangar. I have also kept a back up plan ready. I made it when they said they would tell me about it later.. If it was necessary.

So, rather than depending on them, I created my own back up plan based on the plan they made. If things go south, I wouldn't look fucking stupid over there and make a fool of myself. I had my gun and dagger with me. My laptop, tab, phones and pen drives required for hacking are with me as well.

Also how could I forget that night with Jasper. His hickeys are taking long ass time disappearing.

I even had a secret chat with Janvi and kids to calm myself before getting onto the jet. Then why does it feel like I am going into this blind and unprepared?

Maybe it was because of my attempted murder that I relived in my nightmare. And that there is a chance I will be face to face with him again. I knew how the nightmare would end, I should have just woken up as soon as I saw Max and Remy. But I still continued to see the dream, maybe sleep paralysis was the reason I had to relive it. Every detail was the same as before except for one. It was as if my brain decided it was a great time to unlock only some part related to that incident.

I seriously cannot believe you, mere dimag... You always woke me up before I could see my attacker's face, now what was wrong huh?

He was right in front of me this whole time and still now was the time when my brain decided to make me remember. But at least my plans are not getting tampered with this revelation. My plan would have succeeded with or without this revelation.

I sat on the bed massaging the sides of my head. Since the plan to divert my mind from that topic has failed miserably and blown up in my face, let's take a recap on what I know and remember.

Okay so let's take it from the top. All the things that I can remember happening a few days before that... incident. I remember the attacker being the son of Max's close friends. He convinced Max and Remy to go on a trip to India, making me tag along without Max's child... Fast forward to the day of the attack, he got me at the cliff and stabbed me right in front of Max and Remy who were laughing joyfully, as if they had no humanity within them.

Of course they didn't have any humanity and probably still don't! Gosh, how stupid I was back then, despite the fact that Max and Remy treated me like crap for all the starting years that I remembered.

It was because of those blurred memories of years that I was able to find some other information and figure out what the actual truth was. The truth about Max and Remy not being my biological parents, they actually kidnapped me for some petty vendetta against my biological parents and now all of that led me here, to Roy and his mafia. Wonderful, congratulations Max! Your petty purpose is served!

But I just have to know more.. I just have to remember more.. any clue that can lead me to at least one of the two people. Because all of this may be relevant information but it still isn't enough, I may have know the identity of the attacker with me but that won't do a single thing to help me damn it! I don't have concrete evidences that would point at him. There are so many possibilities that can occur one and most important one is being manipulated into thinking that the incident was all a nightmare and something completely different happened. Max and Remy may have fooled everyone that their lies are the truth but they can't fool me any more.