Chapter 24

Jasper's PoV

Even before day 1 with her, Mac has been on my nerves continuously. From hiding in front of us for too damn many years and tricking us into kidnapping her to killing that fucker at that abandoned place, she improvises every fucking plan at the last moment and fucks up everything.

And if I ask her for the reasons, she gives back sarcastic or rude-ass comments! Mi irrita all'inferno e ritorno! (It irriates me to hell and back) And whenever she has nightmares, la donna (the woman) drinks fucking whiskey! What the fuck is wrong with that damn donna!

Gesù Cristo! (Jesus Christ!) This donna (woman) is going to make me go pazzo (crazy) one day. Even thinking of her is driving me nuts.

I thought as I marched towards my room. Even now, Riley was out of line, sure but Mac didn't have to make a big deal out of it. I wouldn't have grabbed her neck if she hadn't made a big deal. That was the last straw, as I already was pissed off with the fucking attitude and sass she shows off all the fucking time.

When I opened the door, I saw her packing things. Is she leaving? I was lost at that thought. I was happy, sad and angry. Happy that fucking finally I would get my room back to me. Sad that I wouldn't be hearing her rude ass comments. And angry, well obviously because I was feeling sad in the first place. I shouldn't even be sad, even at the thought that she's leaving!

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked.

"Well, since today there's a fun fair in the penthouse, I thought it would be a great idea to play games. So I'm taking your stuff to be kept as prizes." She smiled sarcastically and I closed his eyes.

Vedere! (See!)

Hats off to Mac's friend Janvi. Truly. She handles this behaviour of hers along with her 3 kids for almost 9 years, I think. Alas! I can't even ask her about handling this donna because according to her- or rather everyone, we're 'impegnato'. (engaged/committed)

I must have been high to make a rash decision like that.

But Zia visiting us wasn't in the plan. That damn aunt of mine doesn't realize when to stop intervening in others' goddamn affari. (affairs/business)

"Your sarcasm isn't appreciated. Now tell me what the fuck are you doing." She rolled her eyes at that.

"And your commands are invalid. Please try commanding someone who actually feels obligated to follow them."

I ran a hand through my hair trying not to blow off. Again.

If only this woman could make anything easier for me. Which apparently, she can't and won't!

God, what was I even thinking bringing her here to impress Janet with her hacking skills! She would have been impressed to track down and get THE Mac to join our Mafia. But instead she's my fidanzata (fiancèe) in everyone's eyes! All because of Zia!

She left the room after calling out to her damn cat. As soon as she and that cat left, I slammed the door in anger.

Pulling out the spare punching bag in my closet, I set it in the empty space of the room and started my boxing practice, partially to vent out my anger.

As I started punching the bag, I remembered the first time she woke up in the living room and how she revealed that she was here because she wanted to, not because we were planning it. My fists and wrists were throbbing but I ignored it and channeled my anger into those harsh punches.

I recalled all the other times as well, where she bossed around, dragged us to Spain, threw orders around as if she's the capo (boss) and continued to throw repetitive lethal punches on the bag as I recalled other memories of her, making my blood boil.