Chapter 39

Never had I ever thought that I would be editing an important evidence in the middle of a fucking café while talking on a video call, that too with Marc and Chelsea.

At least this café is the least popular and almost deserted.

But at least, I don't have to constantly worry about someone ending up seeing this stuff which would result in unnecessary drama. And most importantly being away from the crew gave my head some peace.

But why the fuck did Jasper start a video call with them on the laptop is still beyond my understanding. I mean it was totally unnecessary. And he has also started recording the video call, 'just in case'.

Alas, I couldn't bring my baby Lou with me. This café didn't allow cats. Reason was something along the lines of someone being allergic to cats.

"Wait, hold the narration! Jas, where is Vivi?" I somehow managed to keep expressions neutral, hearing that nickname. It's a good thing that Jasper and I were wearing Bluetooth earphones.

Damn that stubborn 18 year old and the whole DeLuca crew, who have spoiled her rotten.

I turned the camera to let her see my beautiful face. "How many times do I have to tell you Chelsea? Don't call me Viv, Vivi or any name of that sort. Just listen to what the fucking hell had happened that day before these morons changed their mind." I turned the camera away, finishing the 9th cup of black coffee I had in the past 6 hours.

"I can't help it! It's a habit of mine..."

"Yeah, just like your stupid brother's." I muttered under my breath.

"Said something, Venere?" He asked suspiciously.

Damn it, I forgot he was here, right beside me.

Ignoring him, I grabbed the stylus and continued to enhance the picture carefully.

"Can you get me a cup of iced tea from the counter? Thanks!" I pointed at the coffee bar of the café we're in, where a barista was constantly staring at Jasper like he's the last man on Earth. I ignored his glares and eventually he got up from the table and headed to the bar.

I don't wanna send him there into the clutches of a barely legal girl, but I have no option, I really do need my dose of beverage and I can't leave my tablet unguarded.

And this is the only place where I can work peacefully! Too bad neither do they have whiskey here nor too much coffee is good for health.

It has been 4 days since Mark went off to Alaska, for guarding Chelsea while here we are, at Riley's beach house. But Jasper and I were absolutely right. Jenna, Ben and Riley ended up partying halfway through their 'cleaning' of the beach house.

They tried to ask me about my wild child behavior the day after that but one glare they all shut their traps. Like they had any rights to ask me that in the first place.

Riley, of course, didn't get the hint and stared at me until we retired to our rooms for the night. Unfortunately- no thankfully, they have enough rooms and so I didn't have to share a room with Jas- anyone.

I glanced at the table to make sure that everything we had kept on the table was still there or not.

Backpack, the laptop, the tab, a bunch of keys that belong to Jasper, our mobiles, notepad and pen, USB cable... and everything is still here!

Well that's a relief. Jasper would have definitely eaten my head for dinner if anything had gone missing under my watch.

Suddenly Marky mumbled, making me remember that he's also there with Chelsea in the first place. "Wow Jaz, another person is just standing there staring at you. You're attracting many people today. Just like old times."