Chapter 22

Next day, we started to check and verify all the contents in the briefcase, to find out who the hell this person is.

We got bits and pieces on who it could be. After researching for several hours and re-confirming where the clues lead to, we have 5 people who were on the suspicion list. There was something missing as well but I can't actually say that on the basis of a hunch.

And now that we had a list of 5 people, all the seriousness the crew had was thrown out of the window. Gosh, when will this all be over?! They were arguing on who should make the damn dinner!

But my suspicions turned true. Those people whose mobiles I had hacked, they work directly under J's surveillance. Like they all have direct contact with J. They have taken care that even if their mobiles get hacked, they won't give away the fact that they work with J. But the evidence that Caligo got me showed that they were extremely sloppy in paperwork.

"Let's make something to eat or else I might fight each and everyone of you." I said as I switched off my laptop and sprawled on the couch.

"We're getting a take out. I can't take it anymore!" Jenna said and snatched her phone from my clutches.

I may have held her phones hostage to get the work done...

"The usuals, right?" She asked and everyone nodded. She said the same into the receiver.

"Is Indian food available at the restaurant from where you're ordering?" I asked with my eyes closed.

"Yes they do make Indian food, what do you want?" Riley replied.

"I know that they make Indian food, I'm asking if they can prepare it now, it's like 8 P.M." I rolled my eyes and looked at Riley.

"If yes, then order one Paneer Chilly, Veg. Manchurian and Baingan ka bharta along with roti." I said rapidly.

"Wh-what?" Everyone except Jasper reacted and I moaned in sadness.

"Gimme that damn phone!" I yelled and snatched the phone again from her. Only after I repeated my order- like 10 times and clarified all his doubts about how I want the order, I gave- sorry, threw the phone back to Jenna.

Jasper just rolled his eyes at the scene that unfolded just now. "So, who's gonna pay for this? Last time I did." He asked while typing something on his mobile.

Everyone except Marco and Chelsea pointed at each other and I sat there bemused. And with that, they all started to yell at each other. Honestly, not a single week can pass by where these morons can keep their yells inside themselves.

Chelsea rolled her eyes and went back to the room as soon as the useless fight had started.

I guess, 15-20 minutes passed by and they are still fighting over it. Jasper and Marco being themselves, didn't bother breaking the fight and continued their respective work.

Sighing, I got my wallet from my back pocket and whistled sharply. They all covered their ears, halting their useless fight. "I'm paying. You can give your share by tomorrow. You're welcome." I waved my wallet in the air and headed to the door as the doorbell rang.

After that, everyone, except Marco, Jasper and I, rushed to the dining table and dug in. Literally. They didn't even bother to get the damn plates. I walked to the kitchen to get the cat food and some milk for Louis in his bowls and went back to the dining room.

"We should go get some rest. We'll continue this investigation tomorrow. And I'm saying this on the basis of how you all acting like fucking idiots who don't know when to stop fighting like damn kids." I said, walking back to Jasper's room and slept off immediately.