Different Sides of the Track

Requested on Tumblr

Pairing: Kai x Salvatore!reader

Genre: Fluff, slight angst

Characters: Kai, Y/N, Damon, Stefan, Bonnie, Klaus, Katherine

Words: 1920

A/N: Mentions swearing.

Description: Y/N and Kai are from different sides of the track. They are the polar opposites of each other, and both hate each other. What will happen when they have to team up together to save the world?

You were sat across the room from Kai, shooting daggers his way. Each time you even glimpsed at him, all you felt was frustration bubbling in your body. You didn’t know why, but everything Kai ever does gets on your nerves. The way he sits, talks or even breathes ticks you off; which is why you rolled your eyes when Kai started sticking his two pence worth into the conversation.

“Right, I get that you guys need me to save the world and everything. But how will it benefit me after we win? I don’t want to be running for my life from my enemies who want my blood. I want to be able to lie on a beach, with the sun streaming on my face and a pina colada in my hand.”

You let out a groan of frustration and cradled your head in your hand. “Seriously, can you not think about yourself for one minute?! The whole world is at stake and all you can think about is lying on a fucking beach!”

Everybody in the room was taken aback by your outburst, everyone apart from Kai; who was leaning against the Salvatore’s fireplace unfazed and a maniacal grin on his face. “Of course I’m thinking about myself, I need to know that my life is going to be good after I save the world that I also live in.”

You let out a scream of frustration and stormed out of the room and up the stairs of the Salvatore mansion, slamming your bedroom door behind you. You flopped onto your bed and screamed into your pillow, letting out all of your pent up anger from being around that smug asshole. You heard a faint knock on your bedroom door, but you didn’t bother answering it; you just wanted to be alone for a while.

The door opened anyway and footsteps walked across your carpet. Sensing the bed springs dipping, you lifted your head up slightly and peeped at the person, or vampire, that had entered your room. “Stefan, what are you doing in here?” He gave you a little smile and held his hands up in surrender. “I just wanted to see how you are?”

You rolled over onto your back and gave a stoic face. “How do you think I am? You know I hate Kai’s guts but, for some reason, you went behind my back and recruited him anyway! Why do we even need him? Surely we can stop this threat without him!”

“We need him, Y/N. He’s the most powerful witch we know, beside Bonnie, and we need all the help we can get if we want to stop Katherine turning the whole world into vampires. Damon’s even trying to convince Klaus and the rest of the Mikaelsons to help us with this. Katherine’s already turned half of America. We need a lot of muscle and power to even have a chance at stopping her plans.”

You slammed your head back down on the pillow with an exasperated sigh, letting Stefan’s words sink into you. “Alright. But I can’t promise that I won’t ‘accidentally’ hurt him whilst we’re fighting Katherine’s vampires.” Stefan let out a little chuckle and patted you on the head. “Alright, little sis.”

After a few minutes, you built up the will to heave yourself off your bed and walk back downstairs. You grimaced a little when Kais’ voice entered your ears. “Oh, the Princess returns.” Rolling your eyes, you put up the middle finger to him before taking your previous seat.