Such A Gentleman

Pairing: Elijah x reader

Genre: Fluff

Characters: Elijah, Y/N

Description: Elijah has planned for him and Y/N to have a romantic night and of course he's a gentleman.

Excitement rolled through your body as you finished getting ready for your date with Elijah. He had text you the previous day that he had planned a surprise and to be ready for 8:00. Your mind wandered with curiosity about what the surprise could be but drew up a blank. Whatever it was, you knew it was going to be fantastic after all, it is Elijah Mikaelson.

Three taps sounded at the front door just as you put the finishing touches to your makeup. You squealed in excitement as you grabbed your purse off the side and made your way to the door.

Elijah's breath hitched when the door opened and revealed your choice of outfit. His eyes bugged in his head as he took in your appearance. "Seen something you like, Eli?" You laughed when you glanced at him.

His face turned red as he smiled. "You look absolutely astonishing, Y/N. How could I not like what I see?" Now, it was your turn to blush. Elijah walked towards you and planted a feather-light kiss on your lips. "C'mon, darling. Let's go." He linked his arm with yours and guided you towards his car. "Where are we going, Elijah?" He helped you into the car and kissed your hand. "Well if I told you that it wouldn't be a surprise now would it?" A smile crossed your lips as he made his way to the drivers side of the car. Whatever he had planned you knew it was going to be amazing.

You pulled up outside an old but beautiful castle that was situated just outside Mystic Falls. You gasped with astonishment as you took in the beauty if your surroundings. Elijah smiled as he glanced over to you and took your hand in his. "How about we go and take a look inside?" You nodded in reply and opened the car door, not taking your eyes off the castle infront of you.

Stones crunched underneath your feet as you walked up to the large, wooden doors. Elijah lifted his hand to the door and pushed, revealing a candlelit table. As you made your way inside, a figure emerged from the shadows. You squoze Elijah's hand as the darkened figure walked towards you. Relief coarsed through your veins when the figures face was revealed in the candlelight.

"Elijah, Y/N. I hope you had a pleasant journey?" Your face was contorted with confusion as you looked at the eldest Mikaelson. "Klaus? What are you doing here?" Klaus gave you a smirk as he guided you towards the table. "May I get you anything to drink?" You whispered into Elijah's ear as he pulled your chair out for you. "What is he doing?" Elijah smirked in response as he made his way to the other side of the table. "He's our waiter, darling. He's going to be serving us tonight."

You shook your head in disbelief as Elijah gave your drinks orders. "What on earth have you planned for tonight?" Elijah leaned over the table and planted a soft kiss on your cheek. "Be patient, my darling. You'll see soon enough." You let out a slight sigh of adoration as you took in the surroundings of the castle.

Beautiful stone walls layered with moss and flowers, candles lit on each wall and old paintings hung in each corner; Elijah really knew how to take your breath away. You were so engrossed in your surroundings that you didnt hear what Elijah was saying to you. "Y/N? Y/N!" You jumped slightly as Elijah's voice made it's way through to your thoughts. "Sorry, Eli. This place is just so beautiful. How on earth did you find it?"

"I was taking a little stroll, trying to find any nostalgia of my life when I stumbled upon it. I immediately thought of you when I seen it. The castle is just so beautiful, I knew you would love it." Elijah's hand found it's way to yours. You smiled in response. "You were right, Eli. I absolutely adore it."

Klaus brought over your drinks and asked what you would like to eat. Yku gave him your order and went back to your conversation. "I don't usually like surprises, but I have to say, this one is amazing. Thank you, Elijah. I love you so much."

"I'm so glad you like it, Y/N. It really helped me set the mood for what I wanted to do." You gasped as Elijah got up from his seat and got down on one knee by your side.

"Y/N. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. You've stook by me through the good and the bad times, even when you found out I was a vampire. It didnt even faze you. You are the most loving and understanding person I know. I love you so much. So Y/N L/N, will you marry me?"

Tears were streaming down your face at this point. Elijah opened the ring box and revealed the most beautiful diamond ring you had ever seen. You nodded in response, too shocked to speak. As he slid the ring on your finger, you lifted his lips to yours and placed a loving and gentle kiss.

You both spent the rest of the night reminiscing about your relationship and planning your wedding. It was the best night if your life.