Cuteness Overload

Requested on Tumblr

Pairing: Damon x reader

Genre: Fluff

Characters: Damon, Y/N

Description: Damon and Y/N have had a little squabble and Damon is trying his best to win Y/N back.

"Leave me alone, Damon."

You were sitting in the front room of the Salvatore house with your arms folded across your chest. Damon, your ever-so-loving but annoying-as-hell boyfriend, had yet again found a way to frustrate you.

Damon slowly walked towards you from the other side of the room and slid beside you on the sofa, his head resting on your shoulder. He looked up at you, giving his best puppy dog eyes. "C'mon, babe. I'm sorry." You looked down at him and immediately closed your eyes.

"No, Damon. That's not going to work this time. I'm not falling for it again." You stood up from your place on the sofa and walked out of the sitting room, leaving Damon alone with his thoughts. He sat up and walked over to the liquor cabinet where he poured himself a very large glass of bourbon.

With a sigh, he leaned against the fireplace and let the dancing of the flames guide his mind. After a few moments, he opened his eyes wide again and smiled. "I know exactly what will get them on side again." Damon sped out of the house on a mission, leaving his glass of bourbon to shatter on the floor.

You were currently laying on yours and Damon's shared bed when you heard soft music coming from downstairs. "What the hell is he up to now!" You heaved yourself up, walked out of the room and down the stairs, only to find Damon down on one knee in the middle of the hallway with flowers in his hand.

"Damon? What are you doing?" Damon smiled up at you, holding out the flowers for you to take. Curiously, you stepped forward and took the flowers, only to reveal what was hidden beneath them. A small red box was in the palm of Damon's hand, which he opened to reveal a glimmering diamond ring.

You took a few steps back in shock, covering your mouth with your hands. "Y/N, I'm so sorry I've acted like a prat these past few days. I know I need to be a better person for you; I know I need to treat you better. So I'm hoping that you will spend the rest of your life with me, so I can show you how much you mean to me."

Tears were streaming down your face as you watched Damon's expression change. He was so full of love for you, and the fact that he admitted that he needed to change for you showed you exactly how much he had grown. "Stop being so cute and get that ring on my finger."

Damon's face lit up with a smile. He stood up and carefully slid the ring down your finger before leaning forward and engulfing your lips with his own, trapping you between his arms.

"Thank you for helping me become a better person. I love you so much, Y/N, and I will try my best to get you to feel the same way."