Untitled Part 68

Requested on Tumblr as part of my 1.5k Follower Celebration

Pairing: Damon Salvatore x fem!reader

Genre: Fluff, Angst

T/W: DEPRESSION

A/N: If you're struggling with your mental health, please don't hesitate to drop me a message. I will try to help the best I can.

____________________________________________________

Tears were streaming down your cheeks as you glanced at the mirror once more. You hated how you looked; every time you tried to make yourself feel or look better, your mind always told you something different. Your fingers tightened on the corners of the counter as loud banging began on the door.

"Stop banging on my door!" You managed to hide the crack of sadness in your voice and was starting to get your emotions under control until your heard the door open. "Y/N, is everything ok?"

That was it, those three words was enough for you to fall into despair all over again. You shook your head and turned to Damon, tears streaming down your cheeks and your arms outstretched to him. "Hold me, please."

Without a second thought Damon strode over and gathered you into his strong arms, pulling you against his chest. Cries and sobs wracked your body and Damon tightened his hold on your, whispering sweet nothings into your ear and kissing the top of your head.

Once you had calmed down, Damon took hold of your hand and guided you towards the sitting room where he sat down and opened his arms out for you to crawl into. "Baby girl, what's going on? I hate seeing you like this, I need to know so then I can help you."

You closed your eyes and shook your head. "It's nothing, D, nothing I can't handle by myself." That was a lie. The truth was you didn't want to burden Damon with your intrusive thoughts and feelings, he had bigger problems to deal with.

He cupped your chin with his fingers. "Y/N, look at me." You hesitantly opened your eyes and stared into his worried ones. "Acting tough will not make it hurt any less, you know this, yeah?" You nodded, fiddling with the hem of your shirt. "Then I need you to tell me what's going on. I can't cope with seeing you like this and not knowing what's going on."

A pang of guilt hit in the pit of your stomach. You hadn't realised how much it had affected him. The sadness began to overwhelm you again as you began to tell him everything. "Damon, I know you tell me everyday that I'm beautiful but inside, I really don't feel it, my mind always tells me something different. When I look in the mirror, I don't see the pretty girl that you see. I see a disgusting and ugly person who doesn't deserve the life that she has. I didn't want to burden you with any of this, you already have so much to deal with and I didn't want to add to the stress."

Damon's eyes teared up at your confession and brought you to his chest without a word. "I had no idea that you felt like that, Y/N. I'm so sorry for not recognising sooner. You are the most amazing, incredible person I know for fighting through this everyday and I am incredibly proud of you. And as for worrying about me, don't. None of your concerns or worries will ever be a burden to me, alright?"

You sniffed and nodded into his chest. You realised though, that with telling Damon how you were feeling, a huge weight had been lifted from you. You no longer had to fight through this alone. A small smile made its way onto your lips and you snuggled into Damon, your mind finally free and empty; at least for now.