Hallucinations

Pairing: Elijah x reader

Genre: Angst, Fluff

Characters: Elijah, Y/N, Celeste (mentioned)

A/N: Set in Season 1 Episode 8 of The Originals

Elijah's breathing was becoming rapid and his body began to jerk uncontrolabally as the venom from the wolfs bite took hold of his body. You sat behind his head, fingers rifling through his hair trying to take care of him. Beads of sweat were trickling down his face as the colour drained from his skin.

Visions from the past began to invade your mind. You seen a woman bathing herself and smiling. "Ce-celeste" Elijah muttered this strange name and moved his hands upwards towards your arms, stroking them up and down. You shook your head in confusion and pulled your hands away from Elijah's hair. Elijah sat up suddenly and looked over at you, a sad and annoyed look on your face.

"Y/N, I'm so sorry. I thought you were somebody else." "Celeste, by any chance?" A scowl was beginning to emerge on your face. "Well, whoever she was, she was smoking hot." Elijah's eyes widened as he realised what had happened.

"Did-did I let you into my thoughts?" You nodded slowly and ran back over to Elijah who was now trying to heave himself up off the bed, coughing violently. "Where do you think you're going?" You placed a hand on his chest and gently eased him back down. "No, you're sick, I'm going to take care of you." You lay down next to Elijah and gently stroked his hair, lulling him back to sleep.