Overthinking

Pairing: Stefan x reader

Genre: Fluff, tiny bit of angst

Characters: Stefan, Y/N, Damon (mentioned)

Description: Lately, Y/N has been overthinking a lot, so much so that it has been keeping her up at night. When Stefan finds out, he finds a way to cheer her up.

A/N: Mentions of anxiety.

You couldn't sleep, you couldn't eat, you could barely function at this stage. Your anxiety and overthinking was killing you from the inside. You had nobody to turn to, nobody to understand what you were going through. You wanted to tell Stefan, you really did, but you didn't want to burden him with your problems.

Stefan was the love of your life, your rock, and you told him everything, except your anxiety. You knew he would understand and support you, but he already had so much on his plate.

Suffering by yourself is what led you to crying by yourself at 2.30 am. Your body was exhausted, it needed to sleep but your mind wouldn't let it. It always kept drifting back to the problems that you were trying to solve. It was nothing in particular, but your mind was working overtime.

You heard footsteps patter across the landing and down the stairs.

"Y/N, honey, what's the matter?" Stefan sat down on the couch beside you and wrapped a comforting arm around your shoulders.

"It's nothing, really. I'm just being silly and overthinking things." Tears were brimming in your eyes and were threatening to spill over. Stefan pulled you into a warm embrace and began to stroke your hair, in a way to soothe your mind.

"Don't ever call yourself silly, baby. You're most definitely not silly. How about I make us some warm milk and I tell you some embarrassing stories of Damon's childhood?" Your face lit up with a smile in response as Stefan made his way towards the kitchen. You always loved hearing stories about the brothers' childhood, especially embarrassing ones. They never failed to cheer you up.

He sat back down beside you and began to tell you the funniest stories he could think of. Your head was constantly held back with laughter, with tears streaming down your face. You could always count on Stefan to cheer you up.

Soon enough, your mind was calm enough to allow you to go to sleep, listening to the rhythm of Stefans' heart.