Evening Away

Pairing: Damon x Elena

Genre: Fluffy Fluff, implied smut

Characters: Damon, Elena

Description: Damon takes Elena on a much needed getaway.

Lately, Damon and Elena have defied all odds. Nobody thought that they would last because of the trauma that they had both been through. But they both made it through to the other side. Because of this, Damon thought that they both needed some time away, just the two of them, to relax and reconnect with each other. He had booked a fancy hotel with a swimming pool and a masseuse. It was going to be the best weekend for Elena. Damon was full to the brim of excitement to tell her, he knew she would jump at the chance to getaway from the supernatural magnet that was Mystic Falls.

Damon walked through Elena's front door and up the stairs to her bedroom. He found her lying on the bed, studying. He tried to speak to her but she couldn't hear him due to the music in her ears that was blasting at full volume. Elena looked up and jumped at the large frame that was hovering over her.

"Oh my God! Damon, don't do that! You scared me!" Putting down her pen and taking out her earphones, Elena sat upright on the bed and patted the space next to her for Damon to take a seat. "Well, I was standing in front of you for about 5 minutes, talking to you, before you decided to lift your head up. Literally, somebody could have been murdered in this house and you wouldn't have known. Is there any need to have the music up that high?" Elena looked at Damon with a bitch face. "Yes, actually. It helps me to concentrate." Damon laughed "How in the holy hell can you concentrate with that racket in your ears?" Elena hit Damon on the back of the head. "Did you want something or did you just come over to insult my music?". Giving Elena a little smirk, Damon stood up and held out his hand towards her, which she took.

"Well, i thought, seeing as we've both had a rough time lately, why don't we go away somewhere, just the two of us. A large swimming pool, a lovely massage and of course some much needed time together. How does that sound?" Elena's face lit up with happiness and she engulfed Damon in a hug. "That sounds amazing, Damon. When do we leave?" "Tonight. Pack your things and be ready by 8. I'll pick you up." Damon kissed the top of Elena's head and walked away, leaving Elena buzzing with excitement of the night to come.

Surely enough, 8 o'clock rolled around and Damon was already outside of the house, sitting on the hood of his car. Elena walked out of the door and threw her bags into the trunk of the car, giving Damon a kiss as she walked by. Soon enough, the car was backed out of the driveway and they were both on their way to enjoy their time together.

When they rolled up to the entrance of the hotel, Elena was gobsmacked. "Damon! This must have cost a fortune! How on earth did you manage to book this place?" Elena turned to her side as Damon placed the car in park. "Well, my dear. I managed to persuade them to give it to me for free, if you know what I mean." Damon wiggled his eyebrows and Elena whacked him. "Well, no matter how you got us into this place, thank you. It's lovely." Elena leaned over and gave Damon a kiss. "Only the best for my girl!"

The inside of the hotel looked better than the outside. Elena was awestruck when she walked in. Red carpet on the floors, famous paintings on the walls, gold trimmed walls; it was everything a girl could want from a hotel. Once Damon had booked them in and had their bags taken upstairs, Damon lead Elena to the garden out the back.

By this time, it had turned nightfall and the stars were shining bright against the night sky. Damon and Elena were walking through the garden, hand in hand, enjoying each others company and breathing in the cool night air. "This is nice, Damon. Thank you so much. I wish we could stay in a place like this all the time, escape our problems, forget about everything that's happened. It's just not that often that we get to spend time like this together." Elena's eyes began to well up and she tilted her head down, not wanting to upset Damon on this magical night. "Hey." Damon tilted Elena's head up using two of his fingers. "You don't need to thank me. You deserve this, we both do. After everything that we have both gone through, we needed this. Time to ourselves, time to become us again. I love you, Elena, and this was the best way I could show how much. Now, whaddya say, we go upstairs, get changed and go for some dinner, yeah?" Elena wiped her tears and nodded her head. And with that, Damon led her inside and up to their room.

Elena wanted to show just how much she was thankful for what Damon had done for her, so she put on her best dress, did her hair and makeup, and planned to make this night as special for him as it was for her. When Elena exited the room, Damon's jaw dropped at how beautiful she looked, he was literally speechless. "Well, that's a first. I've rendered Damon Salvatore speechless." Damon walked over and pulled Elena into a very passionate kiss. "You look beautiful." Damon looked down at Elena and gave her a soft smile. "What did I do to deserve somebody as beautiful as you?" Elena blushed at this and took Damon's hand, guiding him out of the door and down to the restaurant.

The rest of the night was filled with tender kisses and soft touches until they went back up to the bedroom, where Elena showed Damon exactly how thankful she was.