Opposites Attract

Pairing: Damon x reader

Genre: Fluff

Characters: Damon, Y/N, Stefan

Description: Damon drinks, but Y/N doesn't. Everybody wonders how your relationship has lasted, because you're the polar opposites of each other.

You drink water, Damon drinks bourbon. Your a quiet, smart woman, he's a loud and boisterous man. Nobody has ever thought that your relationship would last as you two are both completely opposite of each other.

Damon is always drinking, like always. He's always trying to get you to drink with him, but you always refuse, saying "I don't want that stuff tainting my body!". Anybody who's around you when this happens is completely bewildered at the fact that you two are still together. Damon's always drinking , it's his favourite hobby. He always said that any woman he would date would have to drink with him. This all changed when he met you. He completely respects that you won't drink, but that won't stop him from offering you one.

Damon was sitting on the chair nursing a glass of bourbon whilst you were sitting on the couch next to him, reading a book. Stefan walks into the room, shakes his head and laughs. Damon turns around at the sound and narrows his eyes at the younger Salvatore. "What's so funny, brother?"

Leaning against the door frame, Stefan is still chuckling. "Nothing, just that fact that you, a drunk and a narcissist, are in a relationship with Y/N, an intellect. It just seems so funny to me. I would never have imagined my brother going for a person with a personality that is completely opposite to his, it just baffles me."

"Well, Stefan. There is a saying that perfectly describes our relationship and that is 'opposites attract'. I know that relationships like ours don't always work out, that's why we're just taking each day as it comes. Now if you wouldn't mind going away so I can read my book." You had tuned into the conversation midway and caught what Stefan had said. You were clearly not amused at him interrupting the silence you and Damon were enjoying and really needed him to scoot.

"I take back what I said, Damon. Y/N is more like you than I thought. So full of sarcasm." With that, you turned around and threw a cushion at him, barely missing his head. Stefan walked away laughing and Damon looked over and smiled.

Even though you two were completely opposite, you both loved that you were. It gave you something to work and build on, making your relationship stronger.