Tumblr Halloween 2023 Event #1

Prompt: "Well I can scratch that off my bucket list." "Who puts going to a haunted house on their bucket list?"

Pairing: Elena Gilbert x reader

Halloween, for you, was always the best time of year. But it seems that Halloween in Mystic Falls was even better than you ever imagined. Everybody took part, the town square was decorated with string lights, pumpkins and various characters spread out across the gardens. What mattered the most to you, however, was the haunted house that was happening a few streets away.

"C'mon Elena, please? It'll be soooo good. Besides, what could be scarier than the things we encounter everyday." Elena threw herself back on your bed and groaned, running her hands over her face. "Oh, alright. But we have to go to the Halloween party after." Sitting back up, she raised one of her eyebrows as she waited your response. Rolling your eyes, you nodded. You hated any kind of party, but you figured since you were making Elena go to the house, you should go to the party.

Elena smiled widely in response and stood up as you grabbed your coat. "Alright then, now that's settled, let's go."

Elena jumped into the side of you as another figure emerged from the shadows and lunged. You, however, laughed it off and carried on walking with Elena grabbing onto your hand tightly. "I hate these things. Why'd you want me to come? You're not even scared." You chuckled quietly. "It's more fun to do these things with others, you know, seeing their reactions." Elena thumped you on the back as you let out a laugh.

As soon as Elena seen the exit coming up, she let go of your hand and ran straight towards it with you laughing at her. You really didn't find these things scary, in fact, they gave you a thrill which is why you enjoyed haunted houses so much. When you walked through the exit, you found Elena at the very bottom of the garden.

"Well, I can scratch that off my bucket list." You stood proud, shooting her a wide smile whilst she shot you a judgy look back. "I'm sorry but who puts going to a haunted house on their bucket list?" You crossed your arms over your chest. "Someone who loves Halloween! I've never been to one before and this is the first time I could."

Elena smiled as she remembered the promise you made earlier. "Well seems you love Halloween so much, you really won't mind coming to the Halloween party with me will you?" Your eyes widened, then you groaned. "C'mon, Y/N. You'll love it!"

Elena dragged you by the hand down the multiple streets, much to your dismay.