Perfect Relationship

Pairing: Damon x reader

Genre: Fluff

Characters: Damon, Y/N

Description: Y/N has finally convinced Damon to meet her friends, who are immediately jealous of you.

"Do I really have to meet them? You know I don't like people who aren't you."

Damon was currently sprawled out on your bed, hands over his eyes, shaking his head. You rolled your eyes at Damon's constant whining and continued to put on your makeup.

"Yes, you do. They've been hounding me for months, and I really do think it's time you extended your friendship circle. After all, all the friends you had died in what, 1879?" You chuckled at the last bit, knowing full well you were right. Damon say upright on the bed and ran his hand I over his face.

"Alright, but if I hear one mention of anything that resembles hunky men or sparkling vampires, I'm out!" You turned and smirked at Damon before putting the finishing touches to your makeup. "There's the sarcastic vampire I know and love. Now, please change your expression before the wind changes and it sticks like that because trust me, it's not a very attractive expression." You cackled as you walked out of your room, Damon following closely behind.

You had arrived at the Mystic Grill where you were meeting your friends and sat down at a table, sending Damon to get some drinks. The bell tingled as the door opened and your friends emerged, eagerly looking around for you. You waved them over and they immediately engaged in conversation with you.

"Alright, so where's this hunky boyfriend of yours? I thought he was going to be here to, unless he's imaginary." Both of your friends giggled at this statement whilst you were trying to keep your cool. "Actually, he's just over there getting the drinks, he'll be over in a minute."

Little did you know, Damon had been secretly listening to your conversation. He became immediately enraged when your friends suggested he was imaginary, insinuating you weren't pretty enough to have a boyfriend. He then made it his mission to make your friends eat their words. Damon grabbed the drinks from the bar and made his way over to the table, narrowing his eyes at your friends.

"Hey, sweetheart. Everything ok?" Damon placed the drinks on the table and placed a soft kiss to your head, immediately catching the eyes of your friends. He sat down and immediately grabbed your hand, thumb caressing your skin in an attempt to calm your nerves. You looked over and smiled at Damon, giving him a slight nod.

"Damon, this is Alison and Daniella. Guys, this is Damon." You glanced at your friends and giggled internally at their reactions. Both of their mouths were hanging open at the sight of Damon. They narrowed their eyes at you and you immediately sensed they were jealous of you. "How on earth did somebody like you end up with somebody like this? He is absolutely perfect!"

"The question is more like how did I end up with somebody like her. She is the most important person to me. Y/N is the most beautiful and caring person I have ever met." Your friends awed at his statement and you pulled him in for a kiss, causing a little sigh to escape your lips.

Damon leaned away from the kiss and turned to confront your friends about their behaviour. "You know, jealousy is an ugly emotion. Y/N doesn't deserve to be spoken about like she isn't good enough because she is. I didn't even want to meet you guys, but she insisted. She wanted me to meet these amazing friends of hers, but quite frankly you're nothing special. Your nothing but jealous girls who put other people down to make themselves feel better. Now, if you don't mind, me and Y/N are going to go and enjoy a nice afternoon by ourselves."

Damon stood up from the table and held out his hand to you, which you gracefully accepted. He guided you towards the entrance and held the door open for you, looking back at your friends. They both had sheepish looks on their faces as they watched you leave. Damon gave them a smug smile and closed the door, never to see them again.