A Year Too Late

Dark clouds had filled the sky, bringing along a continuous, heavy rain. The weather perfectly matched the mood of the crowds of people down below, who were all staring at one place, a colossal beast which stood high above the buildings. It seemed they were fighting for their lives, attempting to fend off the creature with waves of magic attacks.

"We can't do anything. Everyone has to retreat." A girl with brown hair spoke loudly as she turned away from the beast, looking towards everyone else. Crackling filled the sky as the area around the beast's mouth began to light up. Instantly, a large sphere appeared by its mouth as people seemed to begin to scream and run away. "Everyone, watch out!" The girl called as she began to walk backwards.

Atop of one of the tallest buildings in the city, a boy was sat watching the chaos, taking deep breaths. "Well, I think it's time for us to intervene isn't it, Draco?" The boy muttered to himself as he jumped up to his feet, standing right on the edge of the building's roof. "Charged shot!" He called out as he raised his right hand up. He then raised his left hand up and moved it back towards his face as if he were pulling the string of a bow. A strange light appeared as a bow was formed from nothing, made out of a mixture of crystals and cobalt light. A large sphere appeared where the arrow would be and began to turn into a beam, being kept in place.

"Charge shot: Release!" The boy called as he released the beam of energy, launching it right towards the beast. A roar sounded from the beast as the sphere at his mouth was launched down towards the crowds of soldiers. The beam pierced through the ball, causing it to explode in mid air, slightly slowing the beam of energy. It then slammed into the beast's shoulder, blasting a hole through it and causing its arm to be rendered unusable. "Now it's time to go." The boy continued talking to himself as he grasped a blade holster from the ground next to him. They then climbed back onto the ledge, facing away from the edge and walking off backwards. The boys back was pointed towards the floor as he fell, but a strange light appeared up his legs, reaching his knees. They span around so they were looking down, and a large crater appeared in the side of the building, throwing the kid right at the beast and stopping him from falling.

Wings stuck out of the kids back, and within a second, he had caught up to the beast. He unholstered his blade, revealing the mythical sword Kusanagi. "Sword Stream!" They called as tons of cuts appeared across the beast. The girl on the ground was shocked at what she was seeing. "Yuki? It can't be." They muttered to themselves as they glanced back at everyone else. "Yeah, that's not the right hair colour, what was I thinking?" The girl muttered as the kid sliced straight through the beast's arm. This made the creature angry, causing it to slap the boy out of the air and launch him at immense speeds into the floor.

Everyone was frozen out of shock, unsure what to do. "Come on, nows our chance!" The girl called as she began to run forward, followed by everyone else. "Wait...it's too dangerous." The kid spoke as he slowly began to climb to his knees. A strange glove began to appear over his hand, and he smirked, trembling to his feet. "Balance Breaker!" He called out in sync with his glove, strange panels appearing in the air around him. They then stuck to him, forming a solid suit of armour to keep him protected. "I'll deal one more blow, then it should be safe for you all to attack." They spoke, flying into the air, pointing their blade right at the beast.

"Disabling Strike!" The boy called as his blade lit up a dark, black colour. He then flew forward, heading right for the beast as he raised his sword. He bought it down, slicing right into the creatures shoulder. Strange see through chains appeared to wrap around the beast as the boy tore his blade free. "Nows your chance, I've stopped him from being able to move!" The boy called out to the people below as his helmet faded, causing them to all begin to launch magic attacks and charge forward.

—————

Wow, over a whole year since I last published an update. Based off how this does, I might continue writing. This is also carried on from the previous story, except there will be some changes.

James