III - 5 - Mind Games

I walked into class with Rin, we were the only ones there, other than the teacher who was also doing paperwork. I laid my head down, buried in my arms. "Yuki." I looked around. "Come on, join me." I shook my head and took deep breaths. I began to chant part of the bible in my mind. A pain shot through my temples. "Not expecting that." I groaned as I placed my right hand on my temple. I closed my eyes again and then felt my body warm up. I opened my eyes, I was engulfed in blue flames. I slid my chair back and shot up to my feet. The teacher peered up confused and then pulled out his gun. Rin looked at me. "Yuki, what's going on?" I didn't say anything, rather I covered my face with my hands and chanted a spell. "Diffuse." The flames quickly dissipated, leaving everyone startled. I looked at the teacher who was frowning. "You're a demon from Gehenna?" He stood up and I shook my head. "No, I'm from another realm. I don't know what the blue flames are." Rin shook his head. "I know what's going on, you're having Satan attempt to possess you." Rin then pulled out his sword. "What do you want to do Yuki?"

"Can you permanently exorcise him?" I looked towards the teacher. "Yes, bu we would need someone strong enough and willing to risk their life." I nodded and created a soul chain. It wrapped around me and tightened. "What are you doing?" Rin tried to stop me. "Next time he tried to possess me, be ready to exorcise him." The teacher shook his head. "No, class is beginning soon so we can't do this, especially the 'risking your life' part, I won't let you of all people." The first student walked into the class. "What's going on?" He asked as he walked in. "We're going to kill Satan." I smiled at him. "No were not." The teacher shut down the idea. "Get out of the chains." I shook my head. "During lesson, if he were to possess me, as least he won't be able to deal much damage."

Eventually, everyone had made it to class, and lesson had begun. People kept shooting me looks, I didn't care, all I wanted to do was kill this annoying demon. "Hey Yuki?" I turned to face Rin. "Sup?" I asked him. "Thanks for saving my father's life." I looked at him confused. "You mean the man who I divided? He's your dad?" Rin nodded. "Yeah, an ex-Paladin, or top ranked exorcist." I smiled. "Just trying to help. Is he doing ok?" Rin smiled at me. "Of course, he didn't even need to recover for more than half a day, he just slept for a bit and now he's up and active, back doing his old job." I watched the teacher write on the board, we were still on the topic of summoning. "At least we will be doing summoning before I get possessed." I then turned to look at the clock. "12:17." I read to myself. Time went by quickly after that. I soon felt myself warm up, I looked down and noticed flames extending from my feet. I shot up from my chair and stumbled back into the corner of the room. Everyone looked at me shocked as he flames crawled up my legs. They engulfed my stomach and crawled up to my neck. They inched their way up, I tried to extend my neck but it was too late.

<Rin's POV>

I drew my sword and stepped away from Yuki, while maintaining eye contact with him. He looked at me with a look in his eyes, like he was scared. His head dropped for a second, and he began to transform. Large teeth, pointy ears and long claws appeared on him. He began to squirm around, trying to break the chains. He looked up at me. "Do it." He moaned at me, then he completely became overcame by Satan. He began to step towards me. "Everyone get back." Yukio commanded. Everyone stepped back except Ryuji. He smiled at me. "I wanted to defeat Satan as well you know." I nodded. "Well, don't kill Yuki as well, he's still alive. And he bought back my dad, Shiro." He looked at me confused. "Fujimoto?" I nodded and peered back towards Satan. He was now beginning to slam his back against the wall, slowly damaging the chains. I charged forward, swinging my sword at him. It collided with the chains and damaged them. I stepped back and tried to cut Satan. I ended up leaving a large cut right on his chest. Yukio pulled out his pistol and pointed it at Satan. He fired multiple bullets, each one melting into small pellets before colliding with him. They did nothing.

I stabbed right in between the chains and got Satan. I then stumbled back when the chains shattered, releasing Satan. He tried to use Yuki's glove but nothing happened. He then reached for Kusanagi, but it's handle began to burn Satan's palms. He let go and frowned. "This body's useless." He growled as he stepped towards me. I charged right at him and attempted to stab right into him. He grabbed the blade and pulled it right out my hand. I then threw it back at me. I avoided it and it stuck into the board at the front. I stepped back as he grew closer. Yukio shot multiple bullets as Ryuji chanted a verse from the bible. Satan covered his ears, stumbling about. The bullets began to melt, but managed to inflict pain to Satan.

Satan then pointed his pointing and middle finger together, pointing them into the sky. "Times up." Satan scowled at himself. "I refuse." He grabbed his arm with his over hand. "Diffuse." He gritted his teeth as he used his magic to remove his flames. It was Yuki controlling him. I grabbed my sword, while Yukio began to open fire. I charged right at him and sliced through his chest. "Divide." He placed his fingers on his wound and instantly fell to the floor unconscious. The blue light disappeared as an orb of light shot up into the air. I ran over to Yuki when I noticed he was bleeding heavily from the wounds. "Yuki?" Yukio ran over and captured the blue orb and held it in a jar, shutting the lid and locking it firmly.

<Yuki's POV>

"Yuki?" I opened my eyes and noticed Rin looking down on me. "Hello?" I tried to sit up, a pain shooting through my stomach. I winced in pain and slid against a wall. "Is Satan gone?" Rin looked towards his brother, who was already putting away the jar. "He's locked up in here, a magical jar which can hold orbs. But that doesn't matter, we need to get you help." I shook my head. "I'm ok." I created the same ring Asia uses and began to heal the wound. "What is that?" I looked towards the ring. "This ring was a belonging of one of my friends in the other realm, I simply made a copy before I left." A tap then came from the jar, Satan's soul was slamming against the jar trying to shatter it.