11 - The Start Of A New War

I stretched as I stood up from my bed. It was now day, I'm guessing I must've fallen asleep and woken up without noticing. I stepped over to my curtains and fully opened them. I then got changed, getting ready for the day. I quickly grabbed my bag, leaving the other one behind. I filled it with a couple of pairs of clothes. "You're heading out?" I looked up and noticed Rias. "Yeah, going back to the place where I trained, I need to talk to someone." She sighed at my response. "How long are you going to be gone? Hopefully not another 3 years." I shook my head. "Hopefully, only 2 days unless I run into trouble, which in that case I more than likely will be delayed."

"A reason for you being delayed?" I looked up at her as I finished packing up all my stuff. "Just don't worry about it." I stood up straight and threw the bag on my bed. I then turned off my monitor. Rias smiled. "Your leaving when exactly?" I could tell she was upset. "In about 5 minuets." I swung the bag over my shoulders and put on my shoes. I grabbed my phone from my side. "If I need help, I'll either teleport back or call for you, ok?" She nodded, showing some happiness. "Just promise you will come back." I quickly made my way out of my room followed by Rias. I stepped out into the hallway and created a portal. Yuma then rushed towards me. "Don't forget me." I turned to her. "I wouldn't, don't worry." We both stepped onto the portal in the hallway and I smiled to Rias. Everything around us warped and got colder.

We appeared towards the bottom of a mountain, surrounded by trees and snow as well as steep rocky cliffs. The snow was still floating it's way down. I turned towards a pathway which led into the mountain ahead of us. "Come on." Yuma began to walk ahead of me. I followed after her until we entered into the thin pathway. It slowly turned into a staircase, with torches on either side of us. We then got to a small room, there was an altar and multiple banners. I created my glove and focused my power on the altar. "They say the darkness dragon used to bring people to the shadow realm, but now there's a way to go there without the darkness dragon, it just takes a long time."

The altar began to glow and the entrance to the room seemed to close on itself. I waited a few seconds and then the liquid in the altar began to flow through it. The water made it's way down into the floor where there was a strange writing as well as a portal. The water filled in the writing and portal and seemed to become still. It then began to glow and then stopped glowing. It seemed to flow back towards the altar and disappeared. The door behind us then opened again, but this time we were back at the top of the entrance, no staircase and no long pathway.

I stepped out into the light followed by Yuma. All the snow had gone, it was bright and warm. Slightly down the mountain was supposed to be a giant city, with a huge castle. When I made my way towards a good vantage point, I managed to see the city. But something had gone wrong, it was engulfed in flames. I looked down in shock and saw people still down there. I created a pair of shatter armoured wings and ran to the ledge, jumping off it. Yuma followed behind me, creating her wings. We glided down and landed just inside the middle of the city after a few minuets.

There was screaming, coming from all directions. "A place like this had been infiltrated?" I looked around us. "I'm shocked." Yuma grabbed my hand and dragged my into one of the alleyways. "Why did you bring me in here?" I looked back out into the streets and couldn't see anything. "There's something out there." I looked around. "Where?" A large shadow extended across us. We looked up at the same time, there was a man standing up on a ledge. We quickly rushed out the alleyway. The man created a sword and jumped down. My sword appeared in my hand after making it's way down my arm.

I held my sword up as the man tried to cut me to deflect his attack. It worked and Yuma threw a spear at him while he was distracted. The man jumped into the air and landed on a roof. He caused his sword to disappear and then created strange throwing knives. He launched multiple at me and I managed to avoid all of them, all except one which got my in the leg. A distant rumble surrounded us, protruded into the city. I looked towards the source, just thick smoke was visible. "We don't have time for this, we need to find the king." The man threw another few knives at us and I managed to mimic one of them. I created about 30 which all floated in the air and launched them one by one.

Multiple got the man while the rest missed causing him to fall to the ground in pain. I ran up to him and kicked him to the ground, holding my blade on his throat. "What's your reason for this?" The man only laughed. "You might as well kill me." Yuma looked at me. She knew I hated having to injure people severely, let alone killing them, I would have a bad conscience. I slashed the blade through his neck as I closed my eyes. "I didn't want to have to." I turned towards Yuma who was shocked. "We need to find the king." I recreated my wings and took off, shortly followed by Yuma.

After a few minuets of scanning the area, we headed over to the castle which was surrounded by people as well as fire. We landed on the large balcony at the front and instantly were met with a large wooden door. I pushed it open and stepped inside, creating an orb of energy in my left hand. We made our way through a large and grand hallway. Everything was unsettling, blood splattered on the walls with corpses littering the ground. It was dead quite inside, and nobody was in sight. I heard a small bang and turned around. It had came from a door we had passed. I stepped back and over to the door. I kicked it open and held the orb in front of me. It led outside and across a pathway to one of the smaller towers. Ahead, I could see the king running for safety. I chased after him. "King Exodas, we want to help you." He then turned to look at us and stopped. "Yuki? Is that you?" I nodded.

I stopped in front of him and waited for Yuma. "What happened?" She asked as she ran over to us. "A strange group of males attacked, and there bringing weaponry from the east." He looked worried. "Your talking about the rumble?" He shook his head. "What's creating it, colossal metallic walking fortresses, about a dozen of them, all making their way towards us. And if they get the Dimensional Sword we have been protecting for years, they will bring their gear to Earth."

"We have to stop them then." A large purple light appeared in the smoke. "Look out." The king shouted as he moved away. I created my Broken Armoured set and waited for the attack. It tore straight through the smoke revealing loads of the fortresses. When the attack came right at us, I created a shield and jumped in the way. I caused the mask to extend across my face. "Promotion to Rook." I felt myself get even stronger as the attack hit. At first,we were all unharmed due to the size of the shield I had made, but then it began to crack. The shield then shattered, causing me to be hit by the attack. I felt my armour began to damage under pressure. After a few seconds, it was almost broken. It finally broke but the attack also stopped finally. I was thrown to the pathway covered in cuts and burns with a slight bit of blood. "Now I see what you mean about it being strong." The king looked at me. "I never said they were strong but, you are right in saying that."