IV - 5 - Reaper's Immortality

<Yuki's POV>

I looked around, I was being held down by straps around my wrists, waist and ankles, with a metal band holding my head still. My eyes scanned the plain white room. There was a screen in front of me. Through it, I noticed a scientist with Rias and Issei. I stared Rias in the eyes. "What's going on?" I questioned as I peered towards a camera. Pain shot through my body, the room turned grey. I struggled about, screaming in pain. I placed my head back for a second and gritted my teeth. Panels along the machine moved revealing multiple large needles. They each extended outwards, and began to move towards my skin. "Please relax, we only want to help you." I stared towards the needles, the closest one shattered. "I refuse." I looked around confused, Draco was taking over. "Draco, what's happening to Yuki?" Rias spoke through the mic. "His human side is taking over, he may die." I closed my eyes. "His wounds are too major." I tried to pull my left wrist out from the strap. I created my glove, and continued to pull. Needles began to enter into my arm. I squirmed as pain shot through my skin, everything began to flash.

The colours around me began to change, a pain shot through my head. I shut my eyes and tried to turn my head away. I could tell that the light and colours were flashing still, even with my eyes shut. There was then a large bang from in front of me. I opened my eyes, everything had grown darker. My body began to move on it's own. "D-Draco Stop!" I tried to stop myself but couldn't. "Why, we need to get you out of here." I frowned. "And go where?" "To The Shrine Of The Reaper." I shook my head. "It's a legend, that's all." He laughed. "Are you trying to say you'd rather die here?" The first restraint broke, releasing my left hand. The needles quickly moved out my arms, and disappeared into the panels of the machine. I pulled off the restraint on my waist and tried to pull myself out. The restraints on my ankles instantly snapped, but the strap on my other wrist didn't. I pulled my arm until it snapped and fell backwards. I stopped for a second. "Is this really what you feel is right?" "Yes." Draco responded bluntly. A strange armour covered my, and large wings extended from my back. A portal appeared on the roof of the room as the door opened. Rias rushed into the room as I flew through the portal. I appeared on the other side of the portal, flying high in the sky.

I charged forward, and began to scan the buildings. "What's this shrine anyway?" There was silence for a second. "If you can prove yourself worthy to The Reaper, he will grant you one request." I nodded. "Any request, and how do I prove myself worthy?" My dragon laughed. "The myths say that no one has ever escaped alive, so nobody knows." I frowned. "So, I'm on a death trip?" "No, because I will help you out if worst comes to worst." I sighed. "What does the shrine look like?" We were beginning to leave the large city, and were heading out into the mountain range. "A small black and red shrine, at the top of a mountain, but with the top sliced off." I thought for a second. "Sliced off?" My dragon then began to turn me. "Yeah, by a holy sword years ago, a holy knight tried to kill the reaper, and was found dead." I stopped turning, and was heading right towards a large mountain in the distance.  "How do we know it's this way?" My dragon thought for a second. "Because, it's in between-the three royal families lands." I nodded. "So the three great cities?" "If that's what it's called." Pain instantly overwhelmed me as my armour shattered along with my wings disappearing.

"Yuki?" I began to glow and was thrown higher up. "I'll take over." I shook my head and tried to summon my gauntlet. "I refuse." I focused hard, and cold instantly filled my body. My gauntlet appeared, along with my armour and wings. "You're close to transformation." I nodded. "We need to do this quick then." I flapped the wings and shot further forward. I began to move quicker towards the mountain.

<Timeskip through journey>

Time had gone past, and I finally made it. I had landed just off the top of the mountain, on a broken brick path. I began to step up it as my wings disappeared. I came to a large gate, and pushed it open. On the other side were stairs that led up to the shrine on the top of the mountain. I followed the stairs up and made it to a large flat ground, with the shrine in the middle. I stepped towards the shrine, and made it to right in front of it. "Reaper? I need to talk to you." I didn't get any response and stepped right up to the altar. There were lots of red drops on a plate on the shrine. I thought for a second. "Does it need a blood sacrifice?" "Maybe." I moved my hand along the blade of my sword, and watched as my palm began to bleed. I flicked blood onto the plate and the shrine began to glow black. It then released a circle, that opened and threw a scythe at me. It spun at me, and I narrowly avoided it. I watched as it curved around back towards a man in a cloak. "What do you want?" I looked around. "Are you the Reaper?" He nodded. "So what?" I took a deep breath. "Can you please grant me a request?" He smiled. "You need to prove yourself." He stood so he was ready to fight me. "Hang on?" He charged at me with his scythe.