Chapter 2

(6 Months Later)

There it sat, the lonesome pawn piece, glimmering in the light from the window. It had a faint crimson glow to it, which pierced through any darkness. The glow, out of the blue, increased in intensity, and began to slowly move around on the shelf. It glowed white as the pawn piece expanded, and began to change shape. It turned into the shape of a humanoid figure, and solidified from a light into an actual person.

Long, dark brown hair with a clear blue eyes. Quite tall and muscular, with a scar going over the right side of his face.
They peered around, and stretched. "Ah, it's been a while." They spoke quietly to themselves as they looked themselves up and down. "Just what is this? I feel so different." They spoke as they peered at the shattered pawn piece. They picked it up between their thumb and finger and peered down at it. "This is my evil piece." They looked around, the surroundings seemed to be unknown to them. The person quickly stepped out of the room and up to a window, glancing through it. "Wait. I'm in the underworld!" They spoke in shock, and patted them-self down. They slipped their hand into their pocket to grab the phone they had found. They pulled it out and turned it on, scrolling through the contacts. They clicked on one of the contacts and began to call someone, placing the phone to their ear.

The other person picked up, but didn't make any noise. "Rias?" The boy asked as he put the phone to his ear. "Who is this? And how have you got Yuki's phone number?" Rias asked down the phone. "What do you mean?" The boy asked and the girl went silent. "I'll ask again, how have you got Yuki's phone number?" She spoke frustratedly. "But I really am Yuki. Do you know where I am?" The person asked but Rias sighed. "You should know if you found his phone." The boy sighed and looked around. "Please just come and get me." She laughed. "If you are Yuki, then you can make your way out of the lab, however, you sound different. "I know that, because everything about me has changed, height, muscular, eyes, even hair. It's like I'm someone else." She sighed. "Look, use your gear then, surely you can leave using it?" The boy shook his head. "I can't summon it." Everything went silent for a second. "I'm coming to collect you. Don't leave." The boy nodded as Rias hung up. He slumped against the wall and sighed. He held his hand in front of him and tried to focus his energy on his hand.

"Why don't I feel any sort of magical energy?" He asked himself as he looked around. He stepped over to the window and looked outside, spotting clouds of smoke in the distance, rolling right towards the city. "Strange, they look so different to what there is normally." There was a knocking on the door which caught his attention. He stepped towards it and went to open the door, only to hear whispering on the other side. "Who's there?" He asked out of curiosity. "Rias." A girl responded, and he quickly opened the door. From outside the room, someone rushed at the kid and tackled them to the floor, pinning them down. The boy coughed up blood as he tensed his stomach and shoulder blades. He was rolled onto his back and placed in magical cuffs. "What's wrong with you? Impersonating Yuki." Rias spoke as she stepped into the room. "Wait please, it's really me, why are you doing this?" He asked only for chains to wrap around him, reaching from a portal from the floor. They swirled around him and kept him pinned down, only to fade downwards into his skin.

He froze, everybody moved back confused. He tried to stand up, but seemed to be unable to move. A deafening roar filled the area as the room began to tremble. Everyone rushed to a window, stopping in shock. The boy slowly pushed himself to his knees. "What's going on?" He asked as he stood up straight. "Somethings out there, in the clouds of smoke rolling over." Rias spoke quietly as someone entered the room. "We have a problem, another beast, worse looking than Trihexa is moving this way. Coming from the south western side." They spoke quickly as Rias turned to them. "What's it's magic, did you see it use any power Issei?" Rias spoke as the others continued to peer cautiously through the glass. A light shone right at the window, and seemed to be increasing in intensity and size. The people at the window created a large circle between them and the wall. "Watch out, a beams coming right at us!" One of them spoke as a large light engulfed the room from the window. An explosion sounded as everyone was thrown down, with the room filling with smoke.