III - 12 - Finale

I stepped up to Rias, who was waiting outside the school. "So this is where I'm going from now on." She nodded and then looked towards Kana. "Are you and her friends yet?" I shook my head. The past few days, she just hadn't bothered to talk to me. I stretched. "Does that mean she's coming to this school now?" Rias nodded. "Nobody really noticed she was at her old school." I then spotted Issei and the rest of the group. Issei shook my hand. "I'm actually jealous of how you performed during the game." I nodded. "You don't have to be so formal though." I laughed as I looked back towards the school. "Am I in your year?" Rias nodded. "Yes." I smiled. "So I lose out on a year?" Rias shrugged. "However you think about it."

"Oh also, as a request from father, you will be joining the Kendo club." I frowned at a comment made by Issei. "Isn't that the all girls club?" Rias shook her head. "Not anymore, there are multiple boys there." She smiled at me. "To practice your skills with the sword. I've also got clearance for Kusanagi." Rias pointed towards my sword. I had wrapped the blade up in a large bandage type wrap, but had stopped it at the handle. "Rin's here somewhere." Rias also commented. "But with that, I think it's time we separate now." I nodded, as most of us separated.

I followed Rias to our classroom. Rias walked in and I followed her. "Ah, a new student. My name is Rossweisse, and I am your new teacher." I smiled. "My name is Yuki Gremory. I'm happy to be here." She pointed at the seat behind Issei. "If you want to sit there, that would be great." I nodded and began to walk through the isles of desks. I sat down and placed my bag on the floor. I watched as the teacher began to write on the board. I eventually zoned out staring out the window. Time went by fast, and the lesson seemed to start to end already. That's when Issei got my attention. "You may want to cover your eye, people will go berserk if they see it." I looked at him confused. "Has it gone grey?" He nodded so I laid my head on the table. I wrapped my arms around the edges of my face so it was completely hidden. I then placed one of my fingers on my eye lid and began to chant a spell. "Everybody, if you would like to pack up, lesson is beginning to end." Everyone got up and began to leave, other than me and Issei. Rossweisse walked up to us. "You two can leave." I couldn't tell what was going on, all I did was continue to chant the spell. "His eye's messed up, he's fixing it." My face then began to glow and my eye went back to normal. "All done." I began to stand up.

I walked up to a small part of the school, the kendo club. I knocked on the door and it opened. A girl was on the other side smiling at me. "Yuki right?" I nodded. "Welcome." She pulled me in and shut the door. "My name is Eden, and I run the club." I watched as people fought with wooden training swords. "Have you ever used a sword before?" I nodded. "This one on my back, but other than that no not really." We walked up to a desk which had a uniform on it. "This uniform is what we wear whilst in the club practicing." She then pointed towards a room down the hallway. "If you want to go get changed in there, it's the male changing room." I nodded and walked up to the door. I stepped inside, the light flickered on overhead. I threw my bag down, along with my kit. I began to get undressed, and put on my kit. It was a white outfit, and didn't actually look that bad. I put my clothes into my bag and took it with me out the changing room. I walked up to Eden and handed her my bag. She then threw me a training sword, which I caught by the handle. I spun it around between my fingers and put it down at my side. She clapped. "Fair play, I thought you would've dropped it." I then noticed she was also in her kit and with a training sword.

"Do you want to see what you can do against me before training?" I nodded and tightened the strap on my sword's holster. She began to walk through a set of double door and into part of the gym area. I followed her through, it was a large battleground with seating on either side. She stepped across to one side of the arena while I stayed on the other side. "Do you want to do non-contact?" I smiled. "Would it hurt you?" She began to laugh at my question. "Contact it is.". She began to count down. I adjusted my position and she looked at me confused. "Go." Eden spoke as she began to step forward. I stood my ground, and when she took a step, I charged forward. I ran past her, and struck her lightly in the back. She turned around quickly as I threw the sword into my weaker hand. She tried to swing the sword at me overhead, but I managed to catch what would be the blade between 2 of my fingers. I then pushed her back slightly. She began to step at me slightly.

I took a step back, mirroring everything she did, except the opposite version. She tried to hit me, but I quickly blocked it. She took another attempt and I blocked it. She took one final one, but I launched her sword to her side. She then bought it back quickly and struck my arm. I stepped to the side, and swapped back to my strong hand. I swung the sword about and went in to get her. She blocked it and swung her sword upwards. It pushed against my stomach and chest, and then pushed me back. I fell to the ground and let go of my sword. She pulled me up laughing. "You know, you aren't that bad at this." I nodded. "It's a natural gift." She then looked at the sword on my back. "Can I see it?" I hesitated. "Please?" I smiled. "Fine, if you want." I drew the sword, and looked the bandages around it up and down. I unraveled them, revealing the shiny blade which was covered in carvings. "It looks brand new, how do you keep it like this?" I looked at the reflectiveness of the blade. "I don't really do anything to it, I use it and that's it." She then handed me a book. "This will tell you stance and patterns used in kendo.