7 - Truely Despicable

"How does it feel?"
Issei climbed off the roof and fell straight onto the man throwing him to the floor. Issei tapped my shoulder and gave me energy again. I quickly stood up as the man seemed to turn into dust. "I wouldn't have done that if I were you!" I turned around and noticed the man again, but this time he was angry. He flicked through his book and seemed to chant a spell. My glove appeared on my hand, but this time it began to be covered by a strange writing or just a pattern, I couldn't tell. It began to change shape, but mainly grew longer. It extended up my wrist revealing a 4th orb and then stopped. It went back to normal colours.

A large portal appeared in the sky above the man which glowed the same colour as the strange altar's circles. It seemed to rotate itself and point directly at me and Issei. A beam shot right at us from the portal. I created my shield and held it in front of me. The beam deflected off my shield and I managed to point it so it collided back into the man. He floated back in agony. "Help." Came a voice from the roof, Yuma.

A fifth circle appeared above the altar, and the light became sharper. I tried to create my wings to no prevail. "Go get her." Issei picked me up. "Wait what?" I asked but it was too late, he had already thrown me. I managed to grip onto the edge of the roof and pull myself up. Large green bolts of electricity were shooting directly at Yuma. I then turned and noticed Rias and Akeno fighting my father. I ran over to Yuma and tried to step into the vicinity of the altar only to be struck by the electricity.

I stumbled back in shock before creating my shield. I threw it up towards the bottom circle as it began to grow larger. It stopped all electricity but began to damage. I quickly rushed over to the altar and looked at the chains holding Yuma up. I pulled at the chains but they seemed invincible, they were the chains that were used to hold me down during my juggernaut drive. I tried to slip Yuma's arms through them. Nothing worked.

I looked up at the shield, it had practically broken. I watched as one final crack caused the shield to shatter. "I'm sorry." I hugged her. "I just wanted us to have a normal life." She smiled. "I did too." We were both overflowed in pain. The pains seemed to come from my neck panel and my glove. "What are you doing? This'll kill you." I laughed. "Don't worry, it won't. I won't let it." Draco was angry now. "That's not how it works." Yuma nodded. "Listen to him, leave me." I shook my head. "I refuse, I won't leave you. I wanted to talk to you about the past and I will, mo matter what."

"3." I watched as Yima's body became unconscious, as her head hung down and as the pain overwhelmed me. "2." I felt a single tear go down my cheek as I screamed in pain. "1." I stumbled backwards as my glove became loose. I looked at Yuma's body. My sacred gear was taken off me. I fell to the ground. "Goodbye." I landed on my back staring up as the circles disappeared.

<Issei's POV>

I instantly flew up to the roof and watched Yuki fall to the ground. "Not again." I charged towards him as all the portals disappeared. "Not again." I landed next to him and fell to a knee. "Yuki, stay with me." He slowly turned his head towards me. "I'm sorry, I couldn't save her in time." He laughed as he laid his head back down. "It's funny, I didn't expect it to go like this, Issei. I want you to take care of my gear." I looked towards his feet and noticed his glove on the ground. I went to grab it but stopped. "No, Yuki I won't need to look after it. I'll stay here with you, and you will survive."

He pointed at his gear. "Please, I don't want it to fall into the wrong hands." Rias rushed over as Akeno zapped Yuki's dad multiple times. "I can't lose you again. I promised I wouldn't." She hugged his body. "Stay with me." His eyes seemed to change, like his whole life was sucked out of him. I grabbed his sacred gear as Rias laid his head down. "Draco, was it? Please talk to me, I need your help." I waited for a response but was greeted with only silence. "Draco!" Yuki was gone, his gear had been removed from him. Yuki's father quickly created a portal and went to travel through it. A large beam tore it's way through the air and got him before he could leave. "How dare you mess with me, do you know who I am?" I got up and turned towards him. "I don't care who you are, after all, you mean nothing if you betray your own son." Yuki's father laughed at his comment. "He betrayed me, attacked us and all I could do, was protect us."

The glove which I was holding began to glow. "Transfer." My gear called out as energy was moved into it. It instantly shattered, all the broken pieces creating a magical circle on the floor. It began to spin fast and a blinding light shone into the sky. From the circle emerged a dragon, the darkness dragon. It looked around and then focused it's attention on Yuki's father. He stumbled back as Draco moved closer and closer. Yuki's dad created wing and launched himself into the air. Draco chased after him, trying to hit him with every attempt. "I am Nova, a long descendant of one of the dragon slayers, and I will not allow myself to die to you."

"This is bad, for everyone." I looked back towards Rias who was still looking down at Yuki. I created my sword and held it in front of me. I then launched myself in the air as I created a pair of boosters. I charged forward towards Nova and tried to hit him with my sword. He caught it without injuring himself on the blade and threw me back towards the ground. I smashed straight through the school roof and into a classroom. Nova quickly flew into the building before Draco could get him. He landed on one of the desks and climbed off it. Nova quickly picked it up and threw it at me. I managed to punch straight through it and charged at him. I swung my sword at him but got a desk when he avoided it. I pulled the sword out and tried again, and this time I managed to hit him.

Nova created an orb in his hand which seemed to have smaller orbs swirl around it. "You kill me, this whole place blows up." I held the sword to his neck. "I'll call your bluff." I bought my sword up and swung it down. I managed to slice right next to him yet also leave a large wound on his arm. He quickly let go of the orb and launched it at me. I grabbed a hold of it and transferred all my energy into my armour. I covered the orb with my own body and watched as it began to glow. A loud bang erupted from the room as I was thrown up. Smoke surrounded me as my armour became extremely damaged.