II - 10 - To End The War

The fortresses turret began to fire, the beams tore through the city as everyone helplessly launched attacks at the metal horror. It began to move forward. I launched myself to Rias. "Any plans?" She shook her head. "It seems to have a mage protecting the fortress by spells and enchantments, we can't do damage." I nodded and pulled out my sword. I headed towards the front of the fortress followed by Rias. We made sure not to be noticed by the turret but failed. Rias created a protective circle which blocked the attacks for a while. "I'll cut straight through you!" I shouted as I launched at the front of the fortress. My sword stuck into the metal but got surrounded by a circle. The sword began to shake as a golden light shout out of it. "Diffuse!" The circle disappeared and it stopped shaking. I then sliced straight through the front of the fortress, revealing multiple mages. They each stood confused. "He broke the barrier?" I laughed. "That's me." I then narrowly avoided a fireball launched at me.

I landed inside the room with the mages and held the sword for a second. I then took 1 slice and created an almost invisible wave which sliced everyone down. I looked at them all. "That was pretty weak." I started to take of but had a chain wrap around my ankle. I was thrown to the cold metal ground. I rolled over and tried to cut through the chain. Another chain grabbed my wrist, along with the next taking the sword. Another 2 shot at me holding my other ankle and wrist down. I tried to get up but got stopped by another pining my stomach down. I wriggled around trying to get out. An attack tore through the room as a mage walked in. I was instantly surrounded by smoke. "Woah, is that Kusanagi?" The smoke disappeared as I was pulled off the ground by the chains. The sword was placed against my stomach. "No, don't." The sword then began to crack, it then shattered. "What happened?" The mage asked. "I shattered it." I struggled to control myself, the dragon was taking over. "Stop this, please!" I shouted in pain as my vision seemed to go darker.

My head fell down, all I could see was the ground and my feet. One of the chains then shattered as I lifted my head, along with the pull of my arm. I pulled the rest of my body out of the chains as I stepped over to the mage. I picked them up by the throat and squeezed. They kicked around for a second until a crack filled the almost silent night. I threw the corpse to the ground and picked up the Kusanagi handle. The sword then regenerated in my hand and my vision went back to normal. "What happened?" I almost fell forward but caught myself and maintained balance. "Draco?" I shouted.

"Your dark side, your powers I guess." I frowned. "What do you mean I guess, you did that!" I shouted as I punched the wall. "Listen to me, I didn't want you to take control again. Let alone of my dark side, if that's what it was." I then stepped out towards the edge of the hole. I created a small orb which seemed to grow bigger. I then flew out of the fortress. "Everyone back up." I shouted as Rias headed over to me. I created a shield. "What's going on?" I pointed towards the hole. "I've planted a bomb." I then turned to face the fortress as everyone backed up. I caused my shield to grow larger and larger. Black and orange filled my vision as I was engulfed in smoke and flames. Large bits of shrapnel smacked against my shield as I lost vision. I began to cough and created my helmet, taking deep breaths. I looked around, the flames had died down but the smoke still remained. "Everyone ok?" I began to cause my shield to disappear when the smoke started to disappear.

I was then spiked by a large piece of metal in the shoulder. I completely dropped instantly towards the ground. Pain and coldness shot through my back as a stabbing pain shot through my heart. Blood seemed to pour from my lifeless body to a puddle around me. I looked around, large bits of shrapnel were still falling from the sky, it must've been one of them. Asia rushed over to me. "Don't worry." I placed both my hands on the metal shrapnel. I began to pull it out, my hands shaking with every tug. The metal piece then slipped out and fell to the ground. I took deep breaths as everyone floated down. "Everyone else except Asia step back!" Rias commanded as Asia looked up shocked. Everyone stepped back as her hands began to glow green above my shoulder. I began to shut my eyes as I laid my head back.

I looked around, everything was covered in a thick smoke and a blaze which tore through our village. Everyone was running around, trying to stop the flames as explosions rolled through the paths. We were under siege and defenceless, there was nobody who could protect us, except a mythical dragon. "Yuki? It's time to leave." Blood splashed up me as the man trying to talk to me was impaled by a spear. "Where's my son?" I looked across the path. "Ah, Yuki. It's been a while." I turned and sprinted down the wooded plateau. I ran down 3 steps and across the dying grass. I was chased down by the man. I placed my hands together and pulled them apart, revealing 2 circles. I shot attacks behind me, with the man avoiding them. He caught up to me and held his sword high, and with one long swing, it came right at me. "Yuki, I don't know what they've told you but to attack your own blood is unforgivable."

I woke up on the ground, the chaos hadn't ended. There were more explosions, more people here, hopefully to join us along with a distant roar. A girl rushed over to me and held a cloth over my wounds. "It's ok." She smiled as I looked her in the eyes. I was scared of what was happening. An attack rolled directly at us. A dragon seemed to cut through the clouds and block the attack with one of his own. The crimson haired young girl tried to help me as much as possible.

I didn't expect to wake up in a bed. More like in hell or heaven or wherever you go when you die. I looked around then back at my hands, and them felt the sweat dripping down me. I peered down at my body, large bandages wrapped around me. I took a deep breath then noticed the sword to the side of my bed. I stood up, pain shot through my legs. I fell to the ground and then tried to climb my way up. I quickly grabbed the sword and opened the cover, I was hazed in a golden glow which began to heal the pains.