Prologue - New Placement

"Who's the new one?" I turned around and noticed a boy had entered the room and was talking to Rias. "Oh he's my brother, he had gone out training for a while but has returned now." The male looked towards me and smiled. "Hi, I'm Issei." I smiled back at him. "My name is Yuki, nice to meet you." He once again looked back at Rias. "Is he staying here for a while then?"

"Well, rather than him going back to the underworld, he's going to join us in the club as a pawn, alongside you." I looked towards Rias. "I wasn't told I was becoming a pawn." Rias nodded. "We will need your help, after all, fallen angels are creating havoc again." I nodded happily. "When do I begin?" She didn't want to tell me. "What's going on?"

"Well you see, there's a rating game coming up so I want you to start after that." I frowned. "Oh please, can I start now, I want to join in the rating game." Rias shook her head. "Not a chance, you're not ready. You need to test your new powers first."

"I can test them during the rating game." Issei looked towards Rias. "Yeah, I feel he might as well. If he wants to try, there's no harm having extra teammates is there?" Rias sighed. "Fine, but you will need to look after him." Rias walked over to her desk and opened a drawer. She pulled out a shining red chess piece, the pawn. She walked over to me and handed me the piece. "This is now your rank."

Once the meeting was over, we all headed home. I was shocked everyone in the club lived in Issei's house, even though our father did remodel it for the club. I was sleeping in a guest room which actually was quite cosy. I moved my bags to my room and emptied them out inside, filling up half of the wardrobe and some of the draws. I placed a stick into the back of the monitor on the desk and the screen lit up.

I moved a chair along and put it under the desk as I shut down the monitor. "It's gonna be hard to get used to how humans live, I'm shocked how Rias has done it." I opened a small container I had placed on my desk. Inside were strange pill like objects. I pulled one of them out and watched as it dissolved into my palm.

I sat up to loud shouting coming from around the house. I looked towards my clock, it was around 8 am. I sat up out of bed and put on some new clothes. I then looked towards some of my piled-up belongings. "How early did I pass out?" I slipped on my clothes and made my way out of the room. "You need to leave, hurry up Issei."

I watched as Rias walked up to Issei. "The club can't be constantly giving excuses on why you are late." Issei started to grab his stuff even faster. "Don't worry, I'm done now." Everyone who was going to a school headed towards the door. Rias waved them goodbye and shut the door. "It's not always this hectic." Rias laughed to herself while reassuring me.

"I didn't think it was that bad, they've still got a while to haven't they?" Rias smiled. "Issei and the others can be slow sometimes." I sat down with Rias on a sofa and looked at her. "So how can I activate my powers fast then? Rather than relying on emotions?" She looked at my hand. "All you need to do is focus your power on the strongest point of your body, like your left hand for example."

I held my hand out and tried to focus mine on it. I eventually gave up. "I think it's hopeless." Rias laughed. "Giving up that easy won't assure me you should go to the rating game." I held my hand out again and tried to focus all my energy into it. I felt my hand go numb and then glow. I watched as a strange armour-ESC glove appeared on my hand. It was black and dark grey with a large purple orb with 2 smaller orbs to the side of it in the middle on the top of the glove.

"What's this?" I looked at it in awe as it started to glow. "I'm clueless." Rias grabbed my hand and pulled it towards her. She looked at the glove. "It looks like some sort of dragon piece, mainly from the dragon symbols and other scribbles of ancient writing." I looked towards the writing. "Does it say anything about power on there?" Rias flipped my hand over. "It seems to be able to make something or copy. It doesn't make sense at all."

I looked towards the window. "Stay like that for a second." Rias started touching the back of my neck. I felt a shock go through my neck and turned back to Rias. "What did you do?" Rias rubbed her finger as if she was also shocked. "A small electric bolt zapped me." I looked at her confused and touched the pack of my neck. "How?" There was a piece of armour on my neck and when I touched the centre, it created a panel which extended around my neck. It then extended more pieces up creating a helmet.

"Rias what's happening?" I felt my neck go numb as everything around me went grey. "What do you mean?" She looked at me confused as I looked at my hands in front of me. Everything seemed to be either a shade of black, grey or white. "I seem to not be able to see colour now, I only see grey, black and white." I looked towards her and she looked blue. "Wait, you seem to be glowing blue."

I placed my hand on my neck again, this time the panel stopped going numb and the helmet seemed to fold away on itself. "My power is a glove and helmet." I instantly felt a chill around me. "Not just that." I was spooked and peered around the room. "Did you hear that?" I looked at my sister. "No, did you?" "You're not going crazy." This time I knew it came from my glove. "Yeah, something's talking to me, I think my glove." Rias held it up to her ear.

"Yuki, do you know what I actually do?" "No." I instantly responded, hoping to contact him. "You will soon find out, I shall make it appear during the rating game." I looked towards my sister who was getting even more confused. "It said it will make its powers known during the rating game."

We were instantly caught off guard by a knock on the door. "You need to disappear," I spoke to my glove trying to hide it. "Fine." It roared as it seemed to disappear. The door opened up revealing someone holding a large sword. "Hello, Xenovia." Rias let her and another girl in. The other girl didn't have a sword, rather a string. Xenovia looked at me. "Who's he?" My sister looked back at me and smiled. "This is my younger brother, Yuki. We just got his gear out a second ago actually." They shot up with joy. "Let us see please."

I tried to summon it again, and this time it worked first try. "Back already?" It seemed unhappy. "Woah, that's a mimic weapon if I've ever seen one." The second girl spoke as she stepped towards me. "Dark Magic: Mimic I'm pretty sure is its name." "False but I'll give her the feeling of importance, that's the name of a sub ability I have." I looked at my glove. "You don't have to be so cold you know." I looked towards the girl. "What can it do?" She smiled and I could tell by her eyes she was happy. "It can mimic anything it touches, and if it's something holy while you're a devil, it won't hurt. If your gonna get hit by a sword, catch it and make your own for example."

Hello there, fellow readers. So as you can tell, I scrapped my previous book. At first, I wanted to rewrite it but I have decided against it. I have also tried to do chapters 1k+ words as I have not a lot of time on my hands due to GCSEs so this is a lot of my effort and time. Hopefully, some paragraphs will be longer. Also, feedback is accepted and I will read comments. I ha ent decided on a publishing schedule, it will just be whenever.

             That's all for now, James

(We hit 1k views on this chapter alone, that's well decent.)
Edit: Sunday 15 September 2019