Awesamdude

Sam x Baker!Reader
She/They
Requested by SpecialLoser

Reader gives her baked goodies and a cup of tea to Sam because he rarely takes breaks now that he's working at the prison to contain dream
--------

Sam dug down into the dirt, he was leveling out the area around Pandora's Vault per usual.

(Y/N) was watching Sam from afar, behind a tree, per usual. 

Though it wasn't creepy watching, more of a worried watching. (Y/N) had seen how much Sam worked, he never took breaks and she was getting worried for his health.

They let out a sigh before leaning into the tree as Sam worked, overworking yourself isn't good, but he looked good doing it. They shook their head and looked away from Sam, beginning to think of her plan.

-------

Sam was sitting in the prison, watching the front door as he leaned back on his chair. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair before he let out a yawn and wiped the tired tears from his eyes. His head bobbled a bit before falling down, immediately after catching his mistake his head perked up. 

After a bit more watching of the screen, he got up from his chair to go outside and continue to level the dirt. But before he could leave he saw someone standing at the door. He sighed before grabbing his trident and walking down to the entrance. 

When he arrived, he offered a small smile to the small person in front of him (Sam is 7'4 canonically), he leaned down a bit to eye the basket they held on their arm, a cute little checkered cloth sat atop it.

"Hi Sam" She said quietly with a cute smile on their face. They were never one to talk much but Sam found her absolutely adorable, and would always relax a little when in their presence. What would a sweet little baker liker her do? Give you food poisoning at the worst.

"Hey (Y/N) what are you doing here? I thought you didn't like Dream" He stated while leaning back up and giving them a painful glare. He didn't like acting as Warden to them, he didn't wanna be rude to such a sweet girl. 

"I'm not here for dream" They answered, smile just widening as they began rolling from the tips of their toes to their heels. Sam blushed slightly and thanked god he was wearing his mask before clearing his throat.

"What are you ta-" Before he could ask his question (Y/N) had shoved the basket into his hands before running of with their hands covering their face, to flustered to look. Sam watched as she ran off before looking down at the basket. He hesitantly opened it to see lots of goodies like cake, bread, cookies and an apple pie. 

He let out a shaky breath as his face grew bright red, he reached into the basket and pulled out a note and read it.

Hi Sam!
I've been seeing you work 24/7 and that's not good!
Make sure that you relax every now and then! If your prison is as good as it looks, Dream shouldn't be able to get out.
I don't see you eat much so I baked you some yummy stuff for you to eat! 
I hope you like it.
A̷n̷d̷ ̷w̷h̷i̷l̷e̷ ̷y̷o̷u̷r̷ ̷o̷n̷ ̷b̷r̷e̷a̷k̷,̷ ̷Y̷o̷u̷ ̷c̷o̷u̷l̷d̷ ̷v̷i̷s̷i̷t̷ ̷m̷e̷.

-Love(Y/N) ♥

Sam looked at the word love, he did love them. He shook his head, that's not what it meant, it was just a simple saying. He looked at the note one last time, the last sentence was erased and crossed out so he couldn't read it. He put the note in his pocket before going back in the prison and going to the guard room.

He set the basket down and pulled out a loaf of bread, already cut, and a stick of butter, seemingly home made. After all the work they went through for him, he couldn't just not listen to them. He could imagine the tears sliding down her face when they find out he hadn't eaten anything.

He sighed before spreading the butter and taking off his mask to eat it. It was good, still a bit warm so probably came out of the oven not too long ago. He hummed in content before eating more of the bread, almost eating a third of the loaf in a couple minutes. He never realized how hungry he actually was till he ate something other then steak or potatoes.

He reached into the basket and pulled out a container full of cookies. There were many kinds, from Choco chip, to raisins oatmeal. He pulled out a Choco chip and bit into it, waiting for a crunch or snap, but instead he got nothing. 

He ate the cookie that basically melted in his mouth with pure bliss. God he was thankful they brought him the basket. He melted in his chair as he ate some more cookies.

He would have to thank her later.