Tommy

Tommy x Guardian!Reader
They/Them
Platonic
Short

I have no clue what's been going on with the DSMP as of current, I haven't been watching a lot lately. 
---

Gently opening the door, a small dingle of the bell at the top ringing. The smell of coffee and pastries easily filled his nose, it was all too familiar to him.

Taking a step in, he let the door fall out of his hand and close. Walking in more after relaxing at the atmosphere of the place. He sat at one of the many stools by the counter. No one sat on the stools except for him, which he was thankful for.

"Heya Tommy" They said, smiling as they walked from behind the wall that hid the kitchen.

"Hey" He muttered, gently averting his eyes down to his lap.

"How'd it go with Puffy?" They asked, gently setting down a plate of fries in front of him.

Tommy shrugged, gently picking up a fry and twirling it around, watching as the salt gently fell off it. He sighed, letting his head fall down, hair covering his eyes.

"Hey" They said, gently taking his other arm and holding his hand. "What's up?"

He looked up at them and  sighed again. "Puffy said I wasn't making any progress"

Looking into their eyes, he tried to figure out what they were thinking, but he couldn't. He held eye contact for a split second before looking down again, setting the fry back down onto the plate and gently dusting his hand off on the side of his leg.

"Oh Tommy..." They said, gently squeezing the hand they held. "That's okay" Reaching up, they gently brushed his bangs away from his eyes, back to his original hair style. "Progress takes time, and even though you didn't make any progress today doesn't mean you won't make progress next time."

Tommy looked up at them again, eyes stinging at the feeling of tears threatening to fall. He just huffed and started eating the fries, trying to act as if what they had said. 

They laughed and ruffled his hair, letting go of his hand and walking into the back, heading back to work. After they left, Tommy let out a breath he was holding and smiled gently, thinking.

How lucky was he to have such a caring Guardian as them.

He wouldn't trade them for the world.